• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

If you could only throw 2 manufacturer's plastic...

You can only choose two...

• Ching

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Daredevil

• DGA

Votes: 7 2.7%
  • Discmania

Votes: 14 5.4%
  • Discraft

Votes: 148 56.7%
  • Discwing

• DKG

• Gateway

Votes: 40 15.3%
  • Innova

Votes: 183 70.1%
  • Latitude 64

Votes: 64 24.5%
  • Legacy

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • Lightning

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • Millennium

Votes: 11 4.2%
  • MVP

Votes: 38 14.6%
  • Quest

• Westside

Votes: 9 3.4%

• Total voters
Wow tough. I carry one Vibram, one MVP, one Discmania, one Lat 64, 2 Discraft, and 4 Innova.

Innova has to stay for the Valk and Eagle-L. Now i have to lose all but one of the following; Ridge, Axis, PD, River, Zone, Hornet.

Well I'll add a Pig and say goodbye to the Zone and Hornet.
I would miss the PD horribly but Innova has a ton of options. A variety of Teebirds and Starfires could do the job of various freaks.
I'll add a variety of leopards and say goodbye to the Rivers.
Now the tough one. It is really hard to replace the Axis because of its versatility, and no Innova plastic can come close to replacing my soft ridge.

Axis out for an Ibex and a Mako.

Innova and Vibram.

Did anybody else find that reducing the manufactures in your bag, meant you'd have to carry more molds?

Did anybody else find that reducing the manufactures in your bag, meant you'd have to carry more molds?

Thus the advantage of a mixed bag.

The advantage is obviously a wider selection of discs that will eventually lead to a bag filled with the bare minimum to accomplish everything you need. However, the glaring disadvantage, and possibly the reason why pros are able to rise quicker when playing one or two brands, is that with a wider selection to pick from, the longer and less precise the process is going through so many discs looking for the right ones.

I like to reduce the manufacturers because it makes me "learn" my discs better... since I'm not having to go out and buy 5 new discs/week... lol.

I'm at the point where I'm buying lots of new discs from all different manufacturers. I love seeing the differences, and would love to think that I don't conform to the mainstream... But the majority of discs that I use and have loved for years are Innova and Discraft.

I started with innova and I am still learning what my discs and myself are capable of. I do have a discraft ringer that was gifted to me that works well for me but lately I have really enjoyed the rampage and cannon from Legacy.

3 MVP molds, 1-2 Discraft Molds, 2 Lat 64 Molds (could be more), 3-4 Innova Molds, 2 Legacy Molds.

I think if I needed to I would go for MVP and Innova. Although I could substitute Lat 64 or Discraft more easily for Innova than for MVP.

This was a painful question.

Innova is a no-brainer with all of the Aviars and Stingrays I throw... plus a Roc, etc.

Then it got hard! My primary drivers are all Millennium OLFs in various stages of wear. But I throw a Buzzz, Zone and Hornet from Discraft.

In the end, I had to say goodbye to Discraft and will need to replace those three discs. Fortunately, this is just an internetz poll!

Innova and discmania is all that is in my bag for this year.

Destroyer
Wraith
Firebird
PD
TD
Leo
Rocs
Maybe a CFR Glo Gator
Aviars
Aero

Innova drivers and discraft mids have been my go to. Ive tried other brands but none have amazed me enough to replace what I already have. If it aint broke don't fix it I guess.