• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

if you could only use one disc?

But everyone's answer changes each time! :p

My flavor of the month is (eeny meeny minee mo): Flx Buzzz

So true on the change thing. My first year of playing, I would have probably said a Buzz or a Shark. 2 years into it and being predominantly FH, I would have to go with either a Z Wasp or a well worn D Drone. Stable enough to hold many of the lines I want without being too stable to pull off some tricky anhyzers. I already use the Drone for putting on real windy days.

I think i would pick a TeeBird.

(for me) i'd rather have the controlled distance and (semi-controlled) mid range/approach....

For me, i'll take 300'+ drives with accuracy, almost perfect throws in any range from 0-250' and semi accurate putts... Also, as a forehand driver it tends to be "straight-ish" but it still works very well.
(For me, i really like to putt with a driver, they feel better to throw)/

I would go with my 171 Star Wraith. I'd have to practice putting a little more, but it's great off the tee and works well as a mid when needed.

Surge SS or an Avenger SS (I'd flip a disc to decide). They are both puttable drivers, that you can choke back to a lower speed.

Don't understand the people saying "Destroyer" "Valk" etc.

If I used a driver, it would a fairway driver. Probably a leopard as I can put it on any line and it does work well as on approach disc, but putting with any driver, let alone a destroyer????

Agreed. My reply was a FLX Buzzz or Aviar for the fact that you can get a good amount of distance with them and still be able to putt with them. 40 feet out from the basket I will have much greater success with those then trying to get a driver that will go straigt. Also, though I may occasionally putt with my Buzzz, I would never think about putting with a driver.

Cryztal buzzz is probably my choice. easy enough to turn over, put on a hyzer line, great approach disc, and something that I use for longer putts. i would just need to practice from 30 feet and in

My first thought is my CryZtal Buzzz SS, but got to thinking and(depending on the course) might have to go with a 171g Star Destroyer.

Sounds like a ton of people feelin the Buzzz. I haven't thrown one, i'd say glo roc. It holds whatever line i put it on. (sometimes thats a bad thing). Is the Buzzz similar?? Sidenote: i use an avenger ss to putt uphill or in windy situations, the roc the rest of the time. Someone said couldn't imagine using a driver to putt, don't see why not!

Latest posts