• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

If you had to move, which state?

Which state do you move to for DG?

• North Carolina

Votes: 41 44.6%
  • Oregon

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • Texas

Votes: 15 16.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 10 10.9%
  • Michigan

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • California

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Illinois

• Minnesota

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • Wisconsin

• Iowa

Votes: 3 3.3%

• Total voters
I agree... Beast is awesome. Though it's tough to pic between MN, WI, and MI.

But WI is right in between the other two, pretty obvious choice it seems. ;)

I'd move east not west if it was disc golf related only. Probably VA. Lots of excellent courses and surrounded by or very close to a number of states that offer the same. I don't do heat too well, but I also don't do negative temps too well. Happy medium.

Hurricanes only after the coastal portions of those states (other than Florida). Particularly as they might affect disc golf, which is the poll's question. Inland, they're just a few days of rainy weather.

Plus, a couple of "good" things about Hurricanes is that they can see them coming for days, so you can plan accordingly, and after a storm moves through around here, the skies clear up and it is beautiful, so play those quick drying courses!

Another good reason to live inland around here, if you live at the beach, your range of courses to play is only 180 degrees, so you will spend more time driving then throwing. :thmbup:

Last edited:
Plus, a couple of "good" things about Hurricanes is that they can see them coming for days, so you can plan accordingly, and after a storm moves through around here, the skies clear up and it is beautiful, so play those quick drying courses!

Another good reason to live inland around here, if you live at the beach, your range of courses to play is only 180 degrees, so you will spend more time driving then throwing. :thmbup:

The asterisk on the hurricanes is, even inland, if they coincide with a tournament you're registered for, they can make for a miserable weekend. For casual play, yeah, just skip 2 or 3 days.

Very true about the limited options in beach areas. Plus, they almost universally lack elevation, a bit of a limitation on course quality; and land tends to be crazy expensive, limiting the number of courses. (Then again, you're at the beach!.....but that's a non-disc golf feature).

Latest posts