• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] If your bag was lost, what would you buy to play a tourney?

I'd sacrifice having a bigger selection so that I can get better with just a few discs over the course of the tourney. Since I live in Denver and had to fly in for a tourney, I'm probably at lower altitude, so I'd lean into more stable plastic and predictable runs. I don't want to mess with a new Tursas on a new course at lower altitude. So...

Eclipse Envy
Halo Destroyer (Halo Tern or Halo Shryke would work too, they all handle FH/BH pretty well) (Boatman wouldn't be a bad option either, but not what I'd start with)
OS Fairway (Firebird, Draco, Felon)

Last edited:
Screw it, simple bag tomorrow.

Berg
Comet
Drone
Teebird
Tern (10/10, only threw the mold like 3 times 5 years ago)

Viking Rune x2
Opto X Pure
Swirly Soft Prez Zone
Cosmic Piwakawaka
Z FLX Buzzz
Ti Undertaker
ESP Force

Assuming I know nothing about the course or what wind will be like for the tournament (because if I did, I'd tailor my bag a bit depending if I thought I was going to need to throw a long ways, or throw a lot of forehands, etc).

Jawbreaker Banger GT for putting
Cosmic Electron Proxy
Cryztal Flx Zone
Titanium Flx Buzzz
Cryztal Sparkle Glo Raptor
Halo Star Valkyrie
Star Shryke
Z Force

Streets' Grocery Bag of Used Bin Finds:

• beat, concave, beaded, stable putter that probably smells like cigarette smoke
  • starter pack Dx Shark they "outgrew" that has all of the letters and the shark colored in
  • thrashed Dx Orc - for rollers
  • some metallic looking Trilogy bull****
  • old star sidewinder with a dong sharpied on it
  • somebody's ricky pig they traded in when he moved sponsors
  • random poptop Gateway driver with a ton of flashing that will fly like a brick
  • some worn in midrange with no stamp that looks vaguely buzzzish

I can see myself leaning heavily on the cigarette putter, probably-buzzz and dong sidewinder during the round.

Last edited:
I'd think in terms of slots in the bag I need covered. In descending order of importance:

Putting putter: Judge in Classic Blend or Prime plastic. Also works to cover lazerbeam drives and slow panning approach shots.
Stable throwing putter: Envy.
OS approach disc: Zone.

If I can find those first three discs, I will be feeling pretty good because I know my short game won't miss a beat. After that my priorities are:

Workhorse fairway: Pipeline preferably, or FD or Stag or Escape would be fine. This is the disc I will throw the most off the tee on any angle.
Flippy mid: Tursas. I'd be pretty lost having to get used to a different mold in this slot since I've thrown the Tursas for so long.
OS fairway: Felon is what I'm used to, but I'm sure I'd be fine with a Firebird or Ahti or Pioneer.

Those are the six discs that I would likely rely on the most, particularly since there wouldn't be much time to really get to know 8 new discs in the bag. The last two discs would probably be dependent on what type of course I thought I would be playing.

If predominately in the woods: a flippy fairway (Hatchet or Roadrunner) and second putting putter (Judge)
If mostly open and windy: a stable driver (Wraith or Photon or max weight high PLH Trespass) and a Teebird
If max distance is needed: a workhorse driver (Wave) and flippy fairway (Hatchet or Roadrunner)

ahh which leads to the new thread question

if you bag was stolen/lost how much would you pay/trade to get it back

not much, if anything at all. There's not much that I'd consider irreplaceable in my bag (and whomever steals it would be disappointed at all of the stock stamped discs or non-chase tour series stuff)

I'd be more mad about my custom Carlton being stolen than the contents of the bag.

Walking in to a typical brick n mortar pro shop, here is my shopping list:

1. Get a Wizard, SS or SSS if possible. Settle for some kind of hemp nonsense
2. Buzzz -any plastic works
3. Gstar Teeb, T3, TL, T3, FD, some kind of mellow fairway
4. Rhyno or Zone - probably settle for massively pop topped rhyno
5. Some kind of low 160s flippy driver - valkyrie works, maybe a thrasher or tern.

not much, if anything at all. There's not much that I'd consider irreplaceable in my bag (and whomever steals it would be disappointed at all of the stock stamped discs or non-chase tour series stuff)

I'd be more mad about my custom Carlton being stolen than the contents of the bag.

I hate how hard to replace "stock" stuff from 3 years ago is.

Although really it's just flat, lightweight thunderbirds that I'm having trouble with.

I play a casual round on Sat and Sun mornings. I usually have my basic bag in my truck along with a few additional discs I'm trying out or maybe slot in for specific weather conditions. A few weeks back I had pulled some all of my main fairway and drivers out of the bag to do some practice. Forgot to put them back before my Saturday round. I had a few of my light weight drivers I've been trying out, 150 DX Wraith for example. But none of my go to discs.

Needless to say, the round was not good. I don't know if I was over compensating or what, but it was really bad off the tee. I'm not a great golfer, but I was really disappointed by how poorly I adapted to using discs in situations I normally would not use them. These are discs I'm at least somewhat familiar with and have thrown some. Throwing a bag of brand new/unfamiliar discs in an event would be really tough. A few bad throws and you second guess what you are doing.

Years ago, I was visiting family in Scottsdale, AZ over the weekend (I live in WI) and didn't bring my bag as I didn't think I would have time.

Ended up talking my GF into taking the kiddo to a park just down path from Vista, while I played a round.

Picked up a Star Destroyer, DX Roc and Soft Wizard from the used racks at Spinners for under $20 and shot -2 or -3 on the regular layout.

DX Classic Aviar
KC Pro Roc
DX Valkyrie
DX Firebird

I get four more? Sheesh.

The Aviar will be fresh, so a Z Sol for low-speed understable stuff?
The Valk will be fresh, so a light DX Leopard?
The Roc will be fresh, so maybe a 172-174g Z Comet?

:confused:

Maybe a KC Pro Aviar? Maybe a backup Valkyrie in case I taco the first one?

Eight discs is a lot, man. :|

DX's ROCK!
so do XD's!
;)

DX's ROCK!
so do XD's!
;)
DX is easier for me to get the extended flight from. In this scenario I'm thinking the airline eventually calls me with my bag (back from its vacation in Timbuktu). Even if they don't, I already have all the discs I need to build the replacement bag. So if these discs get beat up all weekend, no biggie. I'm probably not really going to use them after the weekend anyway.

I tried to stick with Innova since you can get Innova anywhere; if there happened to be a 175g firm S Warlock for sale that would be cool but probably not. A Classic Aviar would be the closest thing to it that I realistically thought I might be able to find.

If XD's were still in production, it would be on my list.

DX is easier for me to get the extended flight from. In this scenario I'm thinking the airline eventually calls me with my bag (back from its vacation in Timbuktu). Even if they don't, I already have all the discs I need to build the replacement bag. So if these discs get beat up all weekend, no biggie. I'm probably not really going to use them after the weekend anyway.

I tried to stick with Innova since you can get Innova anywhere; if there happened to be a 175g firm S Warlock for sale that would be cool but probably not. A Classic Aviar would be the closest thing to it that I realistically thought I might be able to find.

If XD's were still in production, it would be on my list.

Yeah idk what's with all the people in here picking first run cryztal glo flex signature editions and stuff. Ain't gonna find that at a tourney. DX aviar roc and teebird you can get anywhere.

Streets' Grocery Bag of Used Bin Finds:

• beat, concave, beaded, stable putter that probably smells like cigarette smoke
  • starter pack Dx Shark they "outgrew" that has all of the letters and the shark colored in
  • thrashed Dx Orc - for rollers
  • some metallic looking Trilogy bull****
  • old star sidewinder with a dong sharpied on it
  • somebody's ricky pig they traded in when he moved sponsors
  • random poptop Gateway driver with a ton of flashing that will fly like a brick
  • some worn in midrange with no stamp that looks vaguely buzzzish

I can see myself leaning heavily on the cigarette putter, probably-buzzz and dong sidewinder during the round.

Post of the thread

ahh which leads to the new thread question

if you bag was stolen/lost how much would you pay/trade to get it back

So I'm going to assume bag, even though I typically use a cart.

I'd probably pay $2,000 since that's probably the value of the discs/bag combined.

So I'm going to assume bag, even though I typically use a cart.

I'd probably pay $2,000 since that's probably the value of the discs/bag combined.

holy crap

take away a zero and i paid under that for my whole set up

hopefully you live in a safe area

Latest posts