• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

If your not playing in a Tour event why would you carry a full bag?

Plastic Thunder

Eagle Member
So I am watching YouTube as always and I have noticed a number spectators caring full bags. If you have done this in the past at a national event help me understand why?

I my bag is about 20 pounds with just discs and I can't think of a reason I would do it unless I was hiding a 12 pack. Then it would be an easy 30 and at that point I would buy something with wheels.

If it is for the beer, I have this buddy in Florida I play with that has a 32 oz drink cup from lunch, he drops the can and some ice in it and puts the lid on. Next he inserts a straw. The course we play has us back at the parking lot very 4 or 5 holes and he just changes cans. I was thinking there is a business that might be built on the idea. Maybe add some bluetooth speakers and maybe it might fly.

Anyhow back to the original question, why walk around with a full bag if you're not throwing?

I wouldn't carry any more than my crunch box can hold. And frequently carry far less to make room for extra beer and a deli sandwich.
Anyone who likes the hadicap of extra weight is welcome to it.

You never you know when you're going to get the call from the sidelines. But yah..it's always the ams from previous rounds checking out the action. There's also some peeps walking around with a stack of discs hoping to get sigs and then trying to sell them online only to realize the value of the disc just got lower once it has a sig on it. :p

If I were spectating at an event, I might bring a bag with some rain gear, food/snacks, and water/Powerade, etc.

As to a bag of discs, I liked the answers above: earlier players, people trying to get discs signed, etc.

I don't like to leave my discs in my car, I've heard stories of them warping on hot sunny days.

My discs live in the trunk 100% of the time. Discs are stacked neatly on edge in a milk crate, or in the bag.

Been doing this for years and haven't seen a disc warp yet. Maybe if they were stacked willy-nilly I could see warping.

Anytime I have a full bag watching Pros, I'm caddying for a good friend of mine. He taught me a lot and I like to help him out time to time.

Other than that I wouldn't even follow a card to watch even if I was just walking without a bag.

I don't like to leave my discs in my car, I've heard stories of them warping on hot sunny days.

That only happened in the last millennium.
Somehow, old DX loved sun-warping. Not as much with the new (post Hadron collider) DX plastic.
I miss beer hats.

If you were to watch the Tour de France, you'd notice many of the spectators have their bicycles with them, and they definitely aren't riding in the Tour. 'Course, a lot of them rode their bikes to get there.
Must admit, though, that I've watched the final four of the BSF 3 times and never carried anything but drinks and smoke.

You never you know when you're going to get the call from the sidelines. But yah..it's always the ams from previous rounds checking out the action. There's also some peeps walking around with a stack of discs hoping to get sigs and then trying to sell them online only to realize the value of the disc just got lower once it has a sig on it. :p

I just wanna make sure I understand, by get the call are we talkin', "Oh shoot I just hucked my last Aerobie Epic into the pond, anyone, does anyone have an Epic and a pen I can use?"

If you were to watch the Tour de France, you'd notice many of the spectators have their bicycles with them, and they definitely aren't riding in the Tour. 'Course, a lot of them rode their bikes to get there.
Must admit, though, that I've watched the final four of the BSF 3 times and never carried anything but drinks and smoke.

I ride my discs to get to tournaments all the time.

Latest posts