• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Ignite the SPARK

My 171g yellow Opto Sparks are incredibly overstable! Seriously... They fly AS OVERSTABLE as my 175g purple flake Opto XXXs. They fly more overstable than my Banshees or Firebirds.

My Sparks are board-flat. They have very little glide. They begin to fade about 1/3 the way through their flight. Honestly, I was hoping for a short Firebird...

I, for one, welcome the 'tweaked' Recycled Sparks (arriving this Saturday!).

Got a chance to compare my Opto vs Recycled Sparks.

Wow! Very different. Where my 171g Opto Sparks are 7 3 0 3, the 168g Recycled Sparks are 7 3.5 0 2... Honestly, they almost fly like different discs. The Optos are board-flat whereas the Recycled have a slight dome. However, they feel very similar in the hand.

They both are in my bag. I use the Optos as a shorter Firebird-like meathook and my Recycled as a reliably overstable fairway similar to my 170g Star Teebirds with slightly less glide.

Wow, inconsistency out of the gate in a mold that is competing for one of the most crowded bag spots?

Not to take anything away from people getting what they want out of this disc.. but it sounds like something I really don't need. I'll just suffer with my mix of fire chickens, felons and xXx's.

Threw an opto the other day, felt exactly like a FAFFF firebird but flew like a PD.

Feldberg tweaked the mold, which was dumb because the first run optos were fine.

Xxx aren't even always super overstable, with all the POS domey ones that come out.

Lat64 should make duplicates of all their molds like this so we can find some decent stock when a complete **** run is all the local stores have.

Not doing much for the argument against lat's consistency. They're like the new innova.

Just got a gold line spark in can't wait to try it my Opto is a year old and still got a lot in it it goes strait RHFH then fades nice at the end. Wondering how the GL flies has a little more dome to it then my flat Opto's but not much.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 43
Love the recycled sparks. Pushing Saint pros out of my bag. Bit of turn in a headwind, reliable fade. Super straight with no wind or a tailwind. Very nice flight.

Does that mean it's like a banshee/resistor?

Faster than the Resistor for sure, as well as the Banshee to the best of my knowledge. I've heard some Banshee comparisons but I've only thrown a friend's once or twice. As for Resistor, there's definitely room for both in the bag, especially if you're planning on bagging recycled Sparks along with your opto.

Does anyone know if the mold modification was done only for the Recycled Sparks or will it also be used in the new runs of Optos? The Optos I saw at a store the other day had a bit more shoulder than the first run I have. Unfortunately, they didn't have any recycled ones there for comparison.

I hate it that they have two different molds using one name. I would quite prefer if the differentiated them somehow. Maybe introduce a Feldy Spark or Spark Pro or something.

Especially if the recy Spark becomes more popular, people will want it in all plastic options so they have to solve it sooner or later.

I had a DX Thunderbird I used for water holes. Unfortunately I threw it into a water spillway today, rip Thundy. There was some pretty stiff headwinds and the disc just turned over hard and never fought back. It wasn't even beat to shreds, I had basically only thrown it on holes with water hazards. One of those holes have some pretty gnarly jagged rocks in the landing area and I guess that made my Thundy unable to handle a forehand into a headwind. I'm definitely need to get a new water disc, but I'm thinking of getting something a little more durable and predictable than DX. One of the discs I'm considering is the Recycled Spark.

I'm already bagging an Opto Spark, and it's super reliable for me, even into the strongest of headwinds. But I don't want to lose it, I kind of got a relationship with it. I'd rather buy a completely new identical Spark and use that only on water holes. It's a psychological thing I guess. FWIW I don't got a big arm at all, I can get my g* Teebird out to maybe 300, light Star Tern max d is 350. How would a Recycled Spark handle headwinds for a noodle like me? How durable is that Recycled Goldline material?

How durable is that Recycled Goldline material?

I find the recycled plastic to be moderately durable. It will break in a little quickly, then the rate it scuffs up will slow down. Maybe half or two-thirds the life of Tourney/Goldline plastic. Tons more durable than base level plastic.

I have about the same arm speed as you and find the Recy Sparks flies as described - straight with a solid fade using a backhand. Hardly turns in the wind. I've had some really nice shots with it and it's gone from a utility disc to a fairway staple for me. The only problem is finding one in a bright color - most of mine are "camo" - speckled gray or brown.

Latest posts