• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Ignite the SPARK

Love the recycled sparks. Pushing Saint pros out of my bag. Bit of turn in a headwind, reliable fade. Super straight with no wind or a tailwind. Very nice flight.

this makes it sound like a slower Boatman. if so, it's probably an awesome disc.

So the Gold Line Spark will be similar to the re-tooled Recycled Spark:
https://youtu.be/9cRbG0Z5Q2I

I wonder what exactly happens to Opto. It kinda sounds like the Opto with the new stamp will also be from the re-tooled run.

Would've loved to see some shots in the video.

I don't think opto sparks will change at all. Its the plastic that causes the difference in stability. I just got two GL sparks in, and they definitely have some dome to them, something the optos don't have.

I don't think opto sparks will change at all. Its the plastic that causes the difference in stability.
Feldie re himself sais that they tweaked the Spark mold because the original Opto were Xxx OS (his words, not mine)

I think he said it originally in some ITB video that was shot at St Jules. Now he just repeated the same in this GL video.

All Recycled and GL are tweaked, but still not quite about the Opto.

Feldie re himself sais that they tweaked the Spark mold because the original Opto were Xxx OS (his words, not mine)

I think he said it originally in some ITB video that was shot at St Jules. Now he just repeated the same in this GL video.

All Recycled and GL are tweaked, but still not quite about the Opto.

No changes to mold. The newly released video describes using plastics and temperatures to increase dome.

No changes to mold. The newly released video describes using plastics and temperatures to increase dome.
Maybe I could've chosen my words better. By mold, I meant the Spark not the actual physical mold.

So the shape of the Spark was tweaked intentionally for Recycled and GL. Wonder if they aim for similar results with future Opto runs.

Maybe I could've chosen my words better. By mold, I meant the Spark not the actual physical mold.

So the shape of the Spark was tweaked intentionally for Recycled and GL. Wonder if they aim for similar results with future Opto runs.

If they didn't change the mold, then opto will continue to be the same. They tweaked the plastic for GL and Recycled to give it dome to make the disc less high speed overstable. I dont see whats not to understand. The opto should be the same as the first run were.

Well, there were other factors as well like the thermal profile / cool down time.

Dave said that they are updating the Opto stamp, which seems like an indicator for a different run. He even said "try the GL Spark or ANY Spark and you'll see what I was talking about".

I would bet that this also affects The Opto, but no way to say for sure until we get the new runs.

I asked Lat64 and this was their reply

"The fine tuning is planned to apply to all Sparks, Opto as well. However Opto versions is typically a tad more stable than Gold Line plastic. But when we do a new run of Opto Sparks they will be molded a bit different to get that little dome on it. This will make the Opto Spark less overstable. There are two reasons why this change will be made. 1. Feldbergs original vision of the disc. 2. The first run Spark was too similar in flight path as the XXX. With this change the Spark will fill a hole in the flight chart."

So I was wrong, and I guess the opto spark will be changed, which is kind of disapointing as alot of people liked the first run optos.

Anyways, I got a round in today and was able to throw my two 174 GL Sparks. Definitely fly as described by feldberg and DRASTICALLY different from the first run optos. Thrown hard, the start out like a teebird and fly quite straight. The disc isn't super fast, so as it lost speed it started fading quickly. I could see the Spark replacing my Saint Pros for sure.

I got 4 in today
2 Opto
1 GL
1 R
The 2 Opto are different (same stamp). One is super flat as I recall them to be when they came out. The other actually rises at the shoulder and has a little dome much like the R and GL.
So perhaps they are on to a second run of Opto already that is molding up this "new" way. Iirc Dave, in the video, said new stamp for the Opto. That would certainly help differentiate.

After looking at them and holding them they remind me of EXP1s. There were a few blank star EXPs. That's what the new Sparks remind me of in appearance with the slight shoulder/dome.

I'll probably get to toss these on Saturday

My flat original Opto Spark was fun to throw into gale force winds. I think I may try one of these GLs, after listening to Feldberg expain the mold.

Perhaps my R is not as domey as could be but it has a quite HSS flight. More so than the GL.
I had hoped that Sparks in various plastics could cover all shots down to what a Saint Pro could do. But that won't be the case.
Not until I have put some very serious beat into the R and GL.

There's a reasonable amount of turn on a Saint Pro. The Spark is straight and resists turn.

I got abusive with my R line but it will need more. As such my fairways will remain Spark, Saint Pro, Vision.

I do find that I can get better distance on a pure hyzer line with the Spark than I could with a Felon or Longbowman.

I did like the TP Longbowman but I find the Spark faster, straighter, and that it penetrates better.

Last edited:
I use the spark for reliable hyzer approach shots fh and bh because of its accuracy. This disc has parked itself underneath the basket for me numerous times right next to the pin. I dont use it for drives of the tee at all, but for the os upshot before the putt. awesome disc that has saved strokes. I throw a 174g opto.

Frost Moonshinie Spark

who has thrown?

the profile is super flat to almost concave.
I've had mixed results with Frost/Fluid plastics before...King...US...Giant glideless and very OS

I'm curious if the F.M. Spark given the plastic (low glide) and profile (flat) makes these the most OS Spark

Frost Moonshinie Spark

who has thrown?

the profile is super flat to almost concave.
I've had mixed results with Frost/Fluid plastics before...King...US...Giant glideless and very OS

I'm curious if the F.M. Spark given the plastic (low glide) and profile (flat) makes these the most OS Spark

Yes, these are the beef.

I picked one up
Flat to concave. Gives the appearance of a higher PLH (wing up turned)

Super beef
Mini Stiletto

Hey, I'm considering adding a gold line / recycled Spark to my bag to cover the slightly overstable fairway driver slot. I basically want stability slightly higher than a normal Teebird, something like a Brinster Teebird when it comes to stability. Can the goldline/recycled Spark do this role or is it too straight? How does the dome affect the flight of the disc when it comes to the Spark?