• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Ignite the SPARK

Hey mentos, have you thrown a Decodye spark? If so, how does it fit with your other Sparks? I'm wondering if there's a point of grabbing one in another plastic to slot between my two recycled, my early run, flat OS opto's (one lighter weight and pretty beat), and my Moonshine Frost...

Hey mentos, have you thrown a Decodye spark? If so, how does it fit with your other Sparks? I'm wondering if there's a point of grabbing one in another plastic to slot between my two recycled, my early run, flat OS opto's (one lighter weight and pretty beat), and my Moonshine Frost...
no, i have not thrown any decodye regardless of mold. i just can't bring myself to ruin those.

also.....

i have not found a need to throw the gold line sparks, when the reprocessed ones get to where I want quicker.

if they stop making them in reprocessed, then I will go and throw the golds...

Sounds like a Spark doesn't have a place for me as I through and like my XXX. If the recycled ones are dead straight with a touch of fade, I'd try one but the only way it would make the bag is if it actually feels better in the hand than my Rivals

Sounds like a Spark doesn't have a place for me as I through and like my XXX. If the recycled ones are dead straight with a touch of fade, I'd try one but the only way it would make the bag is if it actually feels better in the hand than my Rivals
i had a xxx before but i went on a whole mold minimal thing for a while. that is why I have so many sparks.

there is no need to change anything if you find something that works for you. i just like to try new things as my game evolves.

i had a xxx before but i went on a whole mold minimal thing for a while. that is why I have so many sparks.

there is no need to change anything if you find something that works for you. i just like to try new things as my game evolves.

As do I... thats why whenever I get close to minimizing molds, something happens and I end up with more. I have an Underworld that still doesnt turn a whole lot, so while I continue to hit trees with that, I have a Seer thats more US. Once the Underworld starts to flip more I'll put the Seer out and put another UW in... maybe... I do have Leo3s to try lol

That's the beauty of the Spark. One mold that has my fairway slot locked down. From Frost Moonshine, Opto, and Reprocessed. I love em! That's why I stuck with the R. Sparks. Excited to get my cycle in full swing this summer.

Last edited:
Has anyone gotten out and tried the newer run of opto sparks with the dome? curious how they are flying compared to the early runs and the GL run

I just picked one of the new Opto's up from a buddy, and have been really liking it. It's like a super fresh Reprocessed that is just slightly more OS. Seems like a tiny bit less glide, and more of a dumpy fade at the end.

I slot it between my two Reprocessed and my very OS early run, flat Opto's. It fits in nicely, and I'm excited to beat it in to the sweet spot, where I expect it to stay for a nice while!

I'll keep throwing this one and report back. It was one of the first runs of the new domey Opto sparks, and it's not as domey as all of the other new ones I've checked out.

I do like my Saint pros but have an urge to try the sparks out. What difference have you found between the two?

I do like my Saint pros but have an urge to try the sparks out. What difference have you found between the two?

the saint pro's, when new, were great held the lines and faded. as they broke in they started to turn more and fade less. then i got a spark and dropped saint pro's. a faster spark is a culverin

even my most beat spark still fades, and has a hint of turn. i throw them around 330 ft (108m)

For me, the Saint Pro is faster than the spark with some turn and predictable fade. My opto Spark is predictably more stable and shorter (although it has a high PLH and flat). The two fit separate needs for me.

So what's the deal with the opto spark? Is it getting retooled like the GL and reprocessed? I am really liking it for forehands because of the flat top but I don't want to fall in love if it is getting changed.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

^I loved the flat ones too, they were great. I hope those don't change.

Yeah they are being retooled as well. I love my flat opto, it has a very important role in my bag ... I could of course just bag a firebird or whatever

So how differently do the newer opto's fly compared to the earlier runs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GL spark is a great predictable disc. It didn't beat out my saint pro though, purely because I use my saint pro for turnovers, and for stable shots I've been using my broken in longbowman, but I feel the longbowman feels better for flicks. I may end up working in a River Pro though when they come out.

I'm throwing Teebirds for my straight to fade, however I don't like the sharp edge on the bottom of the rim. It's really uncomfortable in my opinion and it sometimes makes the release a little bit unconsistent. I love the way my first run Opto Spark feels tho, I like the rounded bottom part of the rim and the slightly plussy feel to the upright part of the rim. It always releases cleanly, even when I clamp down hard on it. It just rips out great. But the Opto Spark is no teebird, its way too OS for that slot. I'm thinking about getting a Gold Line to try out for that slot. How much more OS is the GL Spark in comparison to non flat Teebirds? How quickly does it break in and how does the break-in change the flight? Does it lose lss before hss?

Latest posts