• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Illianasconsinigan members! (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Roc has more glide than the buzz.........hands down. The roc is more stable than the buzz, but not at high speeds. Alot of people prefer the buzz because of this because it hides oat issues better than the roc IMO. Both are great discs.........I threw buzzes for 5 years and just changed last winter because my roc goes 20 to 40ft farther. When I used to throw rocs when I didn't know what I was doing they always got flippy on me and that is why I preferred the buzz.

Rocs go farther........bottom line

Anybody want to throw a round at Shady Oak or Madison Meadow this evening? I'm in Bloomingdale and looking to throw a round while I'm down here from WI. Txt me 414.429.1038

^normally I would be down for some Meadows since that's 10 min from my work... But already made plans for Rolling Ghettos course this evening. :|

prob half hour and hardly worth it... if I were you, I'd jump on the road ASAP to Highland/Trinity in Joliet area. If you are playing solo, you could maybe get a round at both if you keep a pace. They are right next to each other.

Btw, There's usually leagues on WED at Madison meadows but it got moved right before the 4th of july to I wanna say West park? I have a bad memory so someone correct me if i'm wrong.

Or look up Summit. That one you may not wanna play by yourself, unless your looking for an adventure :)

Thanks for the info. I have some drinking to do with my team tonight so I'll probably head to the close courses. Out of Shady or Meadow which would you suggest?

Roc has more glide than the buzz.........hands down. The roc is more stable than the buzz, but not at high speeds. Alot of people prefer the buzz because of this because it hides oat issues better than the roc IMO. Both are great discs.........I threw buzzes for 5 years and just changed last winter because my roc goes 20 to 40ft farther. When I used to throw rocs when I didn't know what I was doing they always got flippy on me and that is why I preferred the buzz.

Rocs go farther........bottom line
Buzzz SS (the stable version) is longer than the roc.

^yes I remember that discussion we had :D

But technically the buzz ss isn't really a buzz (but I'm gonna take my ss out tomorrow to test that theory) Also which buzz ss is considered the stable version? The old mcabe stamps?

On another note you convinced me to try the ibex/obex.......which one do you prefer?

TDs greatly appreciate it when you pre-register. That said, most tournaments are not selling out. IL States was a rare execption.

Congrats Mike Krupicka on becoming the new PDGA IL State Coordinator!!!

:clap::clap::clap:
628x471.jpg

Congrats Mike!

As far as the MXG. It's a great event and I always enjoyed seeing Monroy on the course. He's greatly missed. I saw Josh got suspended but the show will go on. I'm not sure who the official TD is but I'm sure Josh's roll won't change. Back when I was first starting an area Hall of Famer was supspended by the PDGA and the show went on as usual with a fronted name. He ran at least 4 events that year.

I posted some pics from my Minnesota trip in my other thread if anyone cares. Some are pretty cool, if I do say so myself. :cool:

Congrats Mike!

As far as the MXG. It's a great event and I always enjoyed seeing Monroy on the course. He's greatly missed. I saw Josh got suspended but the show will go on. I'm not sure who the official TD is but I'm sure Josh's roll won't change. Back when I was first starting an area Hall of Famer was supspended by the PDGA and the show went on as usual with a fronted name. He ran at least 4 events that year.

The question is: is it worth seventy bucks? That is a lot of money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts