• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Illianasconsinigan members! (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fun day today, I certainly didn't play all that well but I love the new layout at Pine Hills. The pin placement on 12 across the creek is fantastic, and hole 7 is a brutal par 5 with the way the ob tightens on the approach.

That's because you forgot to bring your towel.
images

Haha I can actually do a real good towelie impursunation. Ya I can't spell

Fun day today, I certainly didn't play all that well but I love the new layout at Pine Hills. The pin placement on 12 across the creek is fantastic, and hole 7 is a brutal par 5 with the way the ob tightens on the approach.

Agreed. The layout is sweet! I personally had WAY too many mistakes but still had a blast! Good turnout!:thmbup:

The Oak Brook Park District Posted this on their website:

The Oak Brook Park District is working diligently with Midwest Disc Golf as well as several other passionate players and community members on an innovative redesign of our disc golf course. The Oak Brook 9-Hole Disc Golf Course is one of the most popular facilities of its kind in DuPage County. In order to maintain an outstanding level of play and provide the best course design possible, the Oak Brook Park District has postponed re-opening the course until the Spring of 2013.

The current proposed design will continue to offer beautiful wooded fairways and has added several challenging elements. The design also provides for an expansion of the course, which is scheduled to be completed during phase 2 of the Oak Brook Park District's comprehensive master plan. For more information on this project, please contact Chris Piasecki at [email protected].

Here's the picture of the design:

http://www.obparks.org/downloads/Disc Golf Final Rendering 10-30-2012.pdf

2012-11-05_0913.png

The Oak Brook Park District Posted this on their website:

The Oak Brook Park District is working diligently with Midwest Disc Golf....

Say it ain't so!!! :doh::wall::gross::sick:

Don't let them ruin another course!!!!!!!!!

I don't think Midwest Disc golf will have complete power on this layout. I just think Oakbrook Park district is just getting input from all sides. That's the route ALL new courses should take in our area unless you are a course designer with extensive positive feedback on their abilities to do a good job.

I sincerely hope that the Oak Brook Park District takes a good look at other Midwest DG designed courses/debacles before they hand over another dime of taxpayer money to them.

Love the walk from 2 to 3.:doh:

It also looks like new hole 2 makes noob hyzers hitting the rec center a posibility.

Eh, MWDG aside, they're making a new 9 for you guys in the woods. That's pretty sweet. I remember there being fears of a wide open 9 in the middle of a soccer field. I wouldn't complain too much about that. I don't think you can change the fact that MWDG is having a say in the design at this point, so ride it out and see how the final design plays. It's nice that the park district listened to your concerns and allowed the use of the woods for the new holes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts