• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Illianasconsinigan members! (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
vader.jpg

I didn't see anything that specifically said Midwest DG, so I was hoping for the best. :wall: :\ :wall:

Does that mean we have another gem from our friends at Midwest DG???

I sure hope not. We have more than enough poorly designed courses in the area. :wall:

I might not be. I believe someone from the Rotary Club may have designed it. The also funded and have been pushing for a disc golf course for years.
They may have consulted but I do not think they designed it. Hole one is too tough for Midwest Disc Golf hole. But I could be wrong. It is also not mentioned about the grand opening on their website yet, and they were not in any of the newspaper articles. The problem is with bad examples all around, you cannot really find a good example of a course.

It's an decent play (conpared to the other nine holers). Holes 1, 2, 4, and 6 are fun (although 6 is pretty easy). Holes 3, 5, 6, and 8 are definitely duece or die holes. The other holes stretch it a little more. There are probably more 2.5 to 3.5 holes here than your average nine hole. I do not have the ability to duece 2 for sure. I think the holes are all doable for Pro/Adv players. I am REC level player (though NOV rating). I expect a -2/+3 per round here (I have distance issues). Shot +3, two missed putts, hole 9 I turned over into the street, played OB. That would drop a couple now that I am familiar with the course.

So like I said, nothing special, but more fun than a lot of our nine holers simple due to elevation changes. Two of my pics did not upload. I will fix that tonight for everyone.

super random first post in this thread, but Im from woodstock IL and am wondering if anyone would wanna have a meet up in the nw suburbs. Im closest to marengo and crystal lake, but I love playing rockford

I don't think lake in the hills is a midwest disc golf design.......Could they have been consulted....yes....but the tees being concrete (which they rarely push for) and the signs themselves (which kind of look like the ones at marengo which were done by a local sign company I believe) don't look very much like something they do. 300ft holes labeled par 4's on the other hand.....well......

Regardless hopefully its a decent course that isn't crammed for the sake of getting 9 full holes. And bare in mind guys that Midwest disc golf has been seen bringing forum posts from dgcr and other sites into meetings with parks departments so keep it clean and try to follow sarcasm with a more direct opinion......please and thank you

Carry on

And bare in mind guys that Midwest disc golf has been seen bringing forum posts from dgcr and other sites into meetings with parks departments so keep it clean and try to follow sarcasm with a more direct opinion......please and thank you

Carry on

You can't tell me what to do. :\

Highbridge is sick. Played Blueberry and Granite.

Standing Rocks also gets thumbs up.

And Bear and Gold are both pretty awesome as well. I need to get back to Standing Rocks, they only had 17 holes in when I played.

And bare in mind guys that Midwest disc golf has been seen bringing forum posts from dgcr and other sites into meetings with parks departments so keep it clean and try to follow sarcasm with a more direct opinion......please and thank you

Carry on

GOOD! I always hoped someone read this. They need to stop installing these ****ty courses and have someone competent do the job. Enough is enough.

GOOD! I always hoped someone read this. They need to stop installing these ****ty courses and have someone competent do the job. Enough is enough.

They really aren't doing the disc golf world any favors by convincing parks departments that cramming in unsafe short beginner courses is the way to add courses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts