• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Illianasconsinigan Members (Part III)

Apparently klm in Hinsdale now has concrete tees. I was told they were poured a couple days ago. I'm heading up there in about an hour to check it out.

A crew of us (DISContinuum) have been working hard at Bevier Park in Waukegan this year. The Waukegan Parks have been awesome. The course is expanding from 18 to 21 holes. Of the 21 holes 15 of those are or will be concrete by the end of next week. The rest are wooden framed tee pads with rubber fly pads on top. Hole #1 & #19 have long tee pads. Plans are for long tees on #13 & #20 next year. By the end of next week the entire course will have new tee signs on all holes. Hole #16 just got a little harder. The tee was moved back about 20 feet. Old hole #9/#18 has been moved back across the creek.

I am addressing a major issue and hope to have it done by the IOS Tournament on the 19th. The tall grass across the street (holes 6 thru 11) has gotten out of control. I hope to have that resolved soon!

If you have never played Bevier follow the red arrows on the poles of the baskets.

OUUUUUUUUTLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWW!

KLM does have cement. Played there yesterday. A few holes were slightly changed with the placing of the teepads but nothing that significant. Hole 3 is shorter, 8 is 40ft back, 11 was moved 40ft to the right, and 13 was moved back which brings some long hanging branches in play. Overall, it still is tough to play on the weekends with all of the sports and dogs on the course.

Thank you for the KLM updates! :thmbup:

thats cool about KLM, wish it was closer to me, fun course.

The "new and improved" Central Park in Oak Brook is very nice. I'm sorry it took me so long to check it out and I hope to get back there again soon.

Thank you to everyone involved with the re-design and installation!!! :clap::clap::clap:

Anyone know anything more about Knoch Knoll's expansion to 18? Newspaper article I read has them clearing 5 acres for nine more holes which is kinda scary but there could be some numbers mixed up in there.

Newspaper article from the Daily Herald.

Pretty sure that #8 and Gary are still working on that one. The last time I saw the "layout" there wasn't all that much that needed clearing (mainly the tall grass). That was about a year ago though and at that time they were still working with the park on the layout, 5 acres seems about right though because more "open" areas are being used as well.

FWIW, I haven't been there in a while to check it out, but the goat idea is interesting and I'm not sure what or who's design is being used.

thats cool about KLM, wish it was closer to me, fun course.

Not like Rogers Lakewood, right???

:|

picture.php

anyone have any info on the new course in evergreen park? i heard baskets are in and its 18 but other than that i dont know much more and its not up on here yet. anyone?

GO GET IT ON THE SITE, HURRY!!!! :p :thmbup:

do we have a parks name?Beverly Park is in Evergreen Park
Don't know if that's it or some other park.

Village website has it at 91st and Rockwell, '50 Acre Park' though I suspect that's just a placeholder name.

i dont know what its called. my buddy lives in that general area. he told me that it is in evergreen park, it is 18 holes, and at 2700 w 91st st is what he said. no tees or signs yet but all new discatchers are in the ground

Saw and found a Evergreen park after I posted thanks for the update.

It's Columbus Day so I went exploring. Course in Evergreen Park Il.
Like Dag said the park is at 91st and Rockwell. The park has no name yet use to be a golf course a man told me he lives across the street from the sled
hill which has 3 basket on the side of it should be fun.

Parking lot where the driving range is this is all new. I'm think hole 1 should
be around there also new pond, and building a gazebo. Park is still being worked on. Open, flat, and hilly man said use to be a lot of big trees now just stagger around the course.

Dana said Brian Cummings course designer.