• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Illianasconsinigan Members (Part III)

Maybe they'll give more of our mini's, from our wedding away for prizes.........:popcorn:

If anyone is thinking of playing Madison Meadows, baskets 2, 10 and 11 have been stripped down to the poles. Chain assemblies and buckets are gone.

If anyone is thinking of playing Madison Meadows, baskets 2, 10 and 11 have been stripped down to the poles. Chain assemblies and buckets are gone.

:wall:

Why!? I like that course and I was planning on playing it a bunch in the next few weeks.

Did it look like people ripping the baskets apart for metal or a planned action by the park?

possibly a new course going in at Waubonsee Community College =) and when is the next meet up we are all planing on doing? I havent seen a bunch of you guys in a long time

possibly a new course going in at Waubonsee Community College =) and when is the next meet up we are all planing on doing? I havent seen a bunch of you guys in a long time

That would be sweet, I remember running there in HS and thinking it would be a great plot of land for a course. I hope Midwest DG isn't the mastermind behind it.

10 is the one that tees off next to the school right? I could see the park taking them out due to path interference... but there are even worse ones.

My vote is hooligans.

When the park takes out baskets for the Taste of Lombard they take out the pole with basket and chains attached. This unfortunately looks like the work of vandals.

Of course when you notice something like this that is out of the ordinary, it is best to call the park district right away so that it can be fixed more quickly and get the police involved if needed.

Of course when you notice something like this that is out of the ordinary, it is best to call the park district right away so that it can be fixed more quickly and get the police involved if needed.

I agree. There are many times the park people have no idea of the problem. Disc golf isn't on the top of the priority list of many of the parks. It's usually on the bottom :thmbdown:

Any idea who's involved in the Waubonsee project Ryan? They have some nice land out there and it'd be a shame to see a mediocre course go in.

Bit of good news, concrete is curing out at Skare Woods. We discussed doing some sort of ag lime or gravel follow through area in front of the pad to avoid the ankle busting drop offs or mud pits some courses develop but decided it would be simpler to lengthen the pads. There will be a fault line marked on the pad where the tee ends and the follow through area begins. Once the concrete cures, we'll be staining the follow through zone a different color to differentiate it from the tee.

We have two sizes of pads at Skare Woods. The longer holes (1,4,6,7, and 8) have a 15' x 6' pad, yielding a 12' tee with a 3' follow through. The shorter holes (2,3,5, and 9) have a 12'6" x 6' pad, yielding a 10' tee with a 2'6" follow through.

The course is closed at the moment for the construction but should be open again Friday.

Congrats! That's a fun course

Any idea who's involved in the Waubonsee project Ryan? They have some nice land out there and it'd be a shame to see a mediocre course go in.

not 100% sure but i can try and talk to the athletic department and see if i can get an idea. Maybe i will design the course =P

For everyone who thinks that Grey Fox is too easy-
http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=7088

Only 9 holes are playable, but they are some pretty good holes. The rough is crazy thick(thorns, prickers, etc) use a spotter or bring some discs you can lose. Officially open for play tomorrow.

Been waiting for this one patiently. However I will wait till its cleaned up a bit more

I read on the Silver Fox Park site

"The course features long, challenging fairways through a forest setting
with undulating terrain. Hole #8 is especially challenging with a steep
drop off from the tee and a dogleg left making the it a "blind" hole until
the player gets through the dogleg. The player will encounter boulders
and trees in the fairways that will test his or hers skill level.
The course is 1,135 yards with a par of 29. The longest fairway is 167 yds.
(par 4 )and the shortest 98 yds.( par 3)."

Entry fees Memorial Day - Labor Day.

Last edited:
For some reason I was under the assumption that the course being designed there will be 18 holes. Is it really just going to be 9 holes? There is more than enough land in that park for 18.

Latest posts