• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Illianasconsinigan members!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grey Fox was BUSY yesterday. I got 2.5 rounds in and realized how out of shape I really am. I saw Steve, Mike and Todd there. Anyone else make it out there?

hey i get out of school at two, gunna stop by the disc store then at home. let me know if any of you guys are down for a round

I wish I had time for a round. I have work at 4 though. I'm not even going to be able to play at all this week probably. I have to find someone to fix the downstream oxygen sensor on my car. I was going to do it myself but the bolt would not budge, so I need to get a torch.

I wish I had time for a round. I have work at 4 though. I'm not even going to be able to play at all this week probably. I have to find someone to fix the downstream oxygen sensor on my car. I was going to do it myself but the bolt would not budge, so I need to get a torch.

Or stop having a weenie arm ;)

torch to heat up, or torch to cut out..if its just heat up you can get them at home depot/lowes for like 15 bucks, just butane and an igniter

ya i was just gonna torch it to get it off. I dont wanna get it to hot and **** up the threads. I think ill just go buy a propane heater. So is the one your talking about just a bottle of butane with an igniter attached to it? That sounds cheaper

Or stop having a weenie arm ;)

Haha, real funny. I bet theres no way youd get the thing off either. Its frozen solid. Tried a wrench with a breaker bar. Even tried renting the o2 socket from autozone, thought that itd work. Still nothing, even when i put a breaker bar on that. The things frozen solid, thanks for your advice though.:p

heat wont mess up the threads, as you cant cross thread something taking it off..if it was put on correctly in the first place.

this is what im talking about, but there is a smaller size too
00002594.jpg

If you really can't do it (with torch and pipe for increased leverage/torque), you can always drill the ****er out. It ain't easy, especially re-tapping the hole, but it is guaranteed to work.

hey guys I found a reaper in the water at jericho the other day and I was wondering if you guys know anything about them? Is anybody doing anything this weekend? I might be able to get out somewhere but mark cant do anything ( severly fractured his ankle in pe )

Reaper?

Also I'd be up for a dekalb-Kirkland-Rockford thing this weekend, should we finally do that? :thmbup:

hmmmm sounds good to me I jsut gotta see what the weather is gonna be like =) I gotta do a birthday party for my girlfriend sometime this week but ill probably be able to go out this weekend =) Even if we cant go all the way out there, we can always go to Eagle or what ever haha. and thanks for the reaper thread =)

heat wont mess up the threads, as you cant cross thread something taking it off..if it was put on correctly in the first place.

this is what im talking about, but there is a smaller size too
00002594.jpg

I think I'm going to pick one of these up. This should do the trick. If not my buddies friend said he could just leave the old one in there and cut the wires off. Drill a new bok in the exhaust right there to pit the new sensor in. I dont know how good that would work though. Im not great with cars, this job just seemed simple. It would have been if it wasnt for this Damn sensor being frozen on.:wall:

If all else fails, my I had my O2 sensor changed by my dad's friend who ran/owned an exhaust shop, I'm sure we could get you a good deal.

Also, anyone thinking of doing the Spring Opener at LL this Saturday?

If I don't work, I'm playing for sure. Let me know what he would charge though. My family mechanic is gonna do it thursday though I think. He usually wont even charge me, but ill throw him like $20.

I have no idea what he'll charge, he did mine for free, this is more of a last resort if everything else doesn't work out. If your family friend will do it for $20, just go with that, I'm not sure I can even get ya that good of a deal.

and yeah, I'd like to play this tourney, but I gotta buy my prom ticket and ****, and idk. I need someone to sponsor me already :p

Is that a doubles tourney again at LL??

I might do the Rockford trip Friday as I have a rare work holiday. I'm assuming you young'uns are off too.

Nah, this one is a singles tourney, and its sanctioned.

I'm trying to get all the tourneys in that I can before the next update, to try and negate my crap ass showing at the ice bowl.

Public Service Announcement:

The club at Rogers Lakewood installed some *nice* new brushed concrete tees on the holes that had rubber mats. :thmbup: :clap: :cool:

This removes the only real complaint I had about the course, which was inconsistent teepads.

Good job RLW crew!!!! :clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.