• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Impossible Lie

4hcgoods

https://youtu.be/iTZfS9T3WnI
Saw this video of Phil hitting a ball out from a fence and it reminded me of a video I saw a while back of Barry Schultz (I think?) throwing out of a baseball dugout. Would love to see that shot again!

What impossible lie have you been in before and what other footage is out there?

Saw this video of Phil hitting a ball out from a fence and it reminded me of a video I saw a while back of Barry Schultz (I think?) throwing out of a baseball dugout. Would love to see that shot again!

What impossible lie have you been in before and what other footage is out there?

Define "impossible".

I remember that. Forget which tournament but he threw a shot that somehow managed to get in the 1' gap between the roof and chainlink fence of a maintenance shed. He climbed in, pitched out and continued on with the hole.

There's no such thing as an impossible lie. If there were, these lies wouldn't happen.

And about Barry....

The alternate rethrow rule means I don't have to throw from my impossible lies. But I've landed in some very dense thickets where it might take 5 throws to get out, and a wild rose where just retrieving the disc was impossible.

Other than that, sticking a disc on a cliff side at The Canyon (Brooksville, FL) would be my entrant.

Happy weekend you jerks, doesn't the grammar Nazi party take weekends off?

Disc golfers would not have been able to try the shot that Mickleson made because you cannot take a stance in OB or at least have any contact with the OB surface upon release. Of course, disc golfers would have been able to mark up to a meter in from that fence so they could take a stance inbounds.

Last edited:
Happy weekend you jerks, doesn't the grammar Nazi party take weekends off?

It's not about grammar. If something is possible, it can't be impossible.

You guys can suck the fun out or anything

Obviously you don't understand the meaning of impossible. But here's a fine example for you: it's impossible to suck the fun out of something that was neither funny nor made sense at the start.

The U.S. has a good education system. Your illiteracy is your own fault.

Just highlight the text you want to have represent the URL then click on the world icon with the chain link under it to connect the URL with the words.

I remember a thread a while back about hole 9 at diamond x, about if you landed in the 'cave' under the basket if you could get vertical relief to the playing surface above for a tap in, otherwise it was an impossible lie, there is no physical way to get your foot behind your disc (even if it were possible, it wouldn't be possible to get the rest of your body behind the lie) if you are all the way into the cave, it would be an impossible lie. Not like these others above that have video evidence that the are quite possible...

Latest posts