• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Improving Johnson Park Grand Rapids, MI

played around at the johnson this afternoon parking is still closed but no signs. I just parked in front of dirt mound. Several poles are missing??? They have been replaced with sticks. Does anyone know anything about this??

played around at the johnson this afternoon parking is still closed but no signs. I just parked in front of dirt mound. Several poles are missing??? They have been replaced with sticks. Does anyone know anything about this??

GRRRR!!!!!! They were all there in november...what the **** are people gonna do with poles anyways?

Also, there were 3 sighns in front of the dirt on friday that said "No parking" "area closed keep out"

The baskets were all stolen and replaced with poles now the poles are being stolen. This is what I fear happening to baskets if they are put in again.:\

Updates on basket installation

any news as how the fundraising is going? I like all the talk of getting this course back up and running. I have not played the course ever but have heard great things. What is the current condition of the course? is there much clearing and cleaning that needs to be done? How about a course clean up day--i would be in for almost any sunday to come and put some work in.

Discgolfersr.us

I saw the thread about johnson park and got excited. I posted some news of this thread on www.discgolfersr.us in the grand rapids disc golf club page and got a few hits of info. It sounds that someone or some group may have some of the baskets/possibly. Worth checking out, cause baskets aint cheap.

I am interested in raising money to get Johnson Park up and running. I know some wealthy GVSU alumni along with some private businesses around the area.

Is advertising on the signs to sponsor the holes allowed?

Who has been there recently? What is the condition? I can get Chainstars for like 250 each. Pretty much willing to do whatever it takes to get this course going!

I am interested in helping out here. I live about 30 minutes from Johnson Park and would love another local Disc Golf spot. I would attend a charity event for sure. I have thought about going there to check it out but never got the chance yet. If it's fixed up it would be an excellent spot to play.

I feel like if it's nice enough, people will adopt it as a legit course and the chances of baskets getting stolen will decrease... I hope.

Trying to think of some security measures.

It's no where near a ghetto in any direction , more like golf hating neighbors. I thought it was a dent park but we all stopped playing there way back before 2000 due to lack of interest by the weak legged.