• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

In my bag, fall 2018

mostlynorwegian

Tosser with plastic
After some editing. I think I have something I would like to work with, and grow out.
47 years old, and been playing for about 3 and half years now, I guess. About 5' 9" for both height and ape index, with 156# to carry around. I'm righthand with about a 60/40 split between backhand and sidearm. Backhand is about 340', and sidearm is about 200'.

In my bag 2018
years played, about 3. frisbee background. 5'9", 155#, reasonable ape index. Fh to about 225', bh to about 325'.

Putter/approach
1. Pig r pro 172 slight overstable that will always finish left, fh flick. Putt with
2. Aviar star 165 super duper slight finish to understable anny floatation device. Putt with
3. Gateway Voodoo glow 175, primary putter. Heavy, and direct. Nice up and down.

Approach
1. wedge g* 162, g* 175 bh straight, 162- flip, and anhyzer bh. Cut roller. Flick forehand. 162 flips, 175 does not
2. classic roc * 167 All purpose, fh or bh slight curve to straight with late finish. Can get a similar flight to regular roc. More or less wind proof.
3. rhyno champ 165, g* 175 slight os, pitch, and fh gentle to straight with slight finish.

Midrange
1. super stingray, champ 167, Des Reading* 180. Go to midrange. Up to 200' fh all purpose. Up to 280' line shaping to a late finish. 167, A lot more anhyzer to work with.
2. roc dx 162, 180 roc things. under 200 flex and float hyzer. Swiss army knife for low to med high power.
3. roc3 171 distance, a little more straight, and long roc things.
4. Big Jerm Mortar 167, meat hook bh, and short forehand flicks. Firebird skippy.
5. Panther, champ 165 fh or bh, flip and curve. head, and crosswind neutral.
6. gm, s line 167 swiss army knife disc. can hold power and go for distance. Fast. forehand drives needing slight anny, straight with slight finish. Go to for when I don't know what else to throw and need to be accurate.
(DX Gator, 168, Beat in enough to hold an anny line.)

fairway
1. leopard g* 162 shaping to anhyzer with late finish, and super straight and distance. 170 Star with patent number.
2. gazelle, pro 163, 166, g* 168, 171, and star 175. Slight over stable. Slightly late curving turn to finish.
3. Eagle 167 gram star, champ 171 slightly earlier turn, and more fade?
4. FD g* 167 a mold I'd really like to get in a different plastic down the line to figure out more. Seems to hold in the wind a lot better than Thunderbird. Flex finish with a strong glide, or skip.
(Teebird AJ* 171g. What the eagle and gazelle do, but slightly more overstable straight with slightly later turn)

Distance
1. Thunderbird pro 165. Next to the FD, it's pretty much a bloodhound for finding where it's supposed to go. but with more hyzer related finish. dancey in the wind.
2. PD Champ 167, more hooking skip finish, overturn to tombstone. G* 166. More all purpose, some tight line shaping with g* finish
3. Roadrunner 171 star fh flex and line to about 200 and bh same to ?? line shapes, roller
4. TD2 Star 167 as above but some more distance maybe, and roll
(Firebird champ 175 Hyzer, Meathook to Tombstone finish, and straight to overturn.)
(valkyrie pro 167)

I use a Revolution Dual lite for carrying.

I prefer woods heavy courses, and shot shaping, and favorites I've played out of the limited number I've been to have been Dellwood, Sandy Point, Rollin Ridge (we were a misquitos last hurrah on Monday), Spearfish Canyon. My best at Sandy Point was a +9. i.e. I am a consistent par machine.
The most recent addition to my bag was the Roadrunner, and I'm pretty sure it's just getting in the way of the td2, which I added about 5 months ago.
i.e. I'm pretty sure I'm good for molds. If anything, that's too many, but not nearly enough.
Which is what the discs in parenthesis are.
I like the options of plastic types and different weights, and/or wears of discs for their flights. At this point am more interested in getting most of the molds I already have in weights and plastics for their additional handling and/or flight behavior.
I'm open to suggestions for the molds that are getting harder to get. I'm going to really hate it if I lose that Des Reading. ALso, I'm pretty sure there's some overlap, but I still think they do fly or feel different enough.

Last edited:
IMHO

Keep:
Voodoo
Pig or Rhyno or Mortar
Super Stingray
DX Roc
Roc3
Gazelle(if no mortar) or Firebird
Eagle or Teebird or Thunderbird or PD
Roadrunner or TD2
Valkyrie

Eventually move to a cycle of Roc3s, and Eagle/Teebird/Thbird/Pds. Regardless, you have alot of overlap. Do you have issues with knowing which disc you want to throw when you step up to the teebox?

Thanks for the suggestions. I switched it around a little bit. Slimmed down the molds by a slight bit.
Going to pull the GM and DX Rocs in the meantime. Pull the Leopards, and keep the Gazelles, star Eagle, G* FD.
Going to stick with PD's until I decide not too. I also put 2 Valkyries in the bag. The DX 150 I have is beat and flippy.

Haven't touched moving out any P&A discs yet. In fact, I'm going to put all of them into a separate bag to putt with so I can work on improving that. I intend to keep the Voodoo as the only for putting disc.

Mids
Super Stingrays
Roc3
Panther
Mortar

fairway
Gazelle, pro 163, (g* 168,) g* 171, star 175. Until I get sick of throwing them. Gazelles are my mainstay fairway drivers.
But I also like.
eagle star 167, I want to get an Eagle L next time I'm picking up discs.
g* FD 167 I love the feel of the FD in my hand, and that it fought through the trees at the park I was field throwing at and aced a 200' late flip anhyzer this morning, and definitely would like to get one or two more in heavier weights, and the s line or c line plastics.

drivers
PD g*, champ
Roadrunner
Valkryie

Looks pretty good, I think you'll find that you have less trouble selecting a disc to throw and you will learn the flights of the ones you have very well.

Many years later. Let's check in!

Summer 2023
Putter's
172 Gram Yeti, Mostly the main putter
173 gram Fierce, slightly longer putts.
173 gram Soft Exo Logic, putter, and approach
171 gram G-star Dart, approach for straight, one direction to go
172 Gram g star Wedge, Or 173 gram Mirage, understable and touchy

Mid's
173 gram soft eco tactic. fh and bh Overstable approach. Forehand, and back.
177 gram neo Origin, straight to under stable with slight finish. Also, a goes far with shape
176 Gram Star Mako, Release it as you intend. Its simple minded and wonderful for it.
172 Gram Star Cro, Small diameter slightly overstable precision.
172 Gram Star Caiman, when I use this disc right. It rewards me. If I expect any more from it. It's awful.
*180 gram Star Jay, great main mid for the goes straight with a slight finish. Just a touch heavy for being the main squeeze in this category.
167 Gram Star Kite. I just got this, and am looking forward to learning it for the stability and distance I will get from it. It's a handle of a disc,

Fairway
167 gram G-star It, *173 Gram Holly Finley Tour series It. It took me some months, but this disc has finally clicked for me, and this combination of plastics is a one two killer combo.
*166 Gram Star Eagle, add this
170 Gram Star Teebird, or this, and I don't really need much more from the fairway drivers.

Drivers
167 Gram Star Roadrunner
158 Gram Star Beast
175 Gram Champion Firebird
164 Gram Star Mamba, My go to driver for A LOT of things.
155 gram star mamba, Macaroni, My Scramble mode stand still magician.
150 gram star wraith,
163 gram star wraith

Last edited:

Latest posts