• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

In search of a bag 2

Guurn

Double Eagle Member
Silver level trusted reviewer
Are there any bags that are meant to be used with bike racks? I ride to the course now using a backpack bag but now that my dog is old enough I want to have him run along. It'll get to be too much and a simple pannier meant for disc golf would be easy. Are there any?

What size bag are you looking to carry?

I have an old set of Grocery Panniers that can easily fit my shoulder bag (Innova Standard), but they wouldn't be able to carry my backpack (Grip CS).

If you're worried about trailing straps or insecure pockets get a large waterproof sack that's used for rafting/kayaking/SUP. I think most bags would fit in one of those. It's also waterproof and I use the clip around my seatpost and one bungee to keep the bag on top of the rack. I have never carried a DG bag in it though (no courses near enough).

Thinking some more on it it's easily rolled up into a very small loop, you could hang it form your DG bag or fit it in depending on your bag.

My sister got me a leather bike carry disc bag years ago. It strapped to the top and down tubes. It was mostly just a few leather straps, very minimal in design. But for the life of me I can't remember the name.

My sister got me a leather bike carry disc bag years ago. It strapped to the top and down tubes. It was mostly just a few leather straps, very minimal in design. But for the life of me I can't remember the name.

There was a all leather single strap disc golf Bag a Leather suitcase company was trying for get going using this site for test. Problem was the bag was not much more then the size of the Innova Standard Disc Golf bag and could not take a set of the Quad or even tri style connection straps that are like the Quad straps well. Leather Bag had to have a handle on the bag top itself, something most brands that had a strap like this on the small bags abandon in the 2000's as they were not used much if ever by the disc golfer, at most for the tri style connection straps to make the bag usable for a smaller version of the Innova Deluxe that was in the Discraft Tournament bag style just, the first bag to have loops for the quad Straps made for the Construction belts that are big and sometimes need to use some belt loops or holes for the Quad straps. The company folded the idea.

Now I see on Amazon some backpack bag that look like the Throw Back model, All Day Pack original backpack not the current Tri Stool All Day Pack that now has the Spot for the stool it comes with to sit in a slot in the bag when not in use. The knock off backpack bags use grounded rough leather for the bag made in China using cheep cow leather scraps from horrible really bad factory farming but the outer pockets on knockoff are all the stretchy material that the Throw back pack used except for all the outer pockets as leather is not great for pockets that need to stretch over time. The Bag is not to be confused with a Tan cheep knock off of the original Throw Back All Day Pack that has changed names a few times on Amazon with the same name of seller from China to it.

This was the thing that my sister got me. It was nice, but only if you wanted to use your bike on the course...or carry the discs.

https://www.amazon.com/Fyxation-Leather-Bicycle-Frisbee-Carrier/dp/B00HSFK2GM

There was a all leather single strap disc golf Bag a Leather suitcase company was trying for get going using this site for test. Problem was the bag was not much more then the size of the Innova Standard Disc Golf bag and could not take a set of the Quad or even tri style connection straps that are like the Quad straps well. Leather Bag had to have a handle on the bag top itself, something most brands that had a strap like this on the small bags abandon in the 2000's as they were not used much if ever by the disc golfer, at most for the tri style connection straps to make the bag usable for a smaller version of the Innova Deluxe that was in the Discraft Tournament bag style just, the first bag to have loops for the quad Straps made for the Construction belts that are big and sometimes need to use some belt loops or holes for the Quad straps. The company folded the idea.

Now I see on Amazon some backpack bag that look like the Throw Back model, All Day Pack original backpack not the current Tri Stool All Day Pack that now has the Spot for the stool it comes with to sit in a slot in the bag when not in use. The knock off backpack bags use grounded rough leather for the bag made in China using cheep cow leather scraps from horrible really bad factory farming but the outer pockets on knockoff are all the stretchy material that the Throw back pack used except for all the outer pockets as leather is not great for pockets that need to stretch over time. The Bag is not to be confused with a Tan cheep knock off of the original Throw Back All Day Pack that has changed names a few times on Amazon with the same name of seller from China to it.

Wow, that would probably drive me nuts. Answering a few previous questions, I have used my smaller bag occasionally and bungeed it to the rack. It's an inelegant solution at best and dangerous at worst. I've had the strap get loose and get into the spokes, yeah that's on me. I'd be happy with 10 discs frankly, but if there was an actual design out there It'd be nice to be around 15. Come to think of it you I wouldn't have to have it on the sides. Something that lays flat on the top of the rack might be fine. It would hang over a bit but who cares. Wasn't there a bag that had all the discs in line like the upper park bags without the side pockets?

I think get two of those wire front style carries and figure out how to attach to the side to hold the bag better then get some Bungees or the strap things to hold a bigger repair kit to the top flat part of rear pannier but for use on the side pockets for use on holding the disc golf backpack.

Latest posts