• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

In the market for a new bag...again

Animage

Double Eagle Member
I love my Squirrel Monkey to death... and I mean to death. However, I should have planned out my future a bit more.

I'm really looking for something that will hold as little as 10 discs and up to say 18ish. If I have to add a towel in the bag or so to fill room that's fine. I've found I usually want to bring 15/16 discs, and just can't because I'm out of room.

So I've eliminated any of the largest bags, and the majority of them with too much storage, but ample storage without weight would be nice. Pockets that would fit cans of bug spray, all the carriables (wallet/keys/phone) and have optional room, but not too much.

Problem with my squirrel is I had to take the internal frame out to fit 12 discs in there as I'm heavy on mids/putters in the bag. Recently the bag has been tipping over everytime it's put down.

Long Story short - ~ 15 discs but not super loose with that few but not too much more disc spots. Price is not much of a factor, and I'm not looking for backpack styles or anything.

P.S. the quads I own will be used regardless of what bag, they're my only source of luck.

Well it won't let me edit.

I've got my eye on a Chimpanzee from GB, but I can't help but feel there might be something from another manufacturer I might like or some other feature on a different bag. I've seen some bags with an external cellphone pocket which would be a huge plus as I'm always on call.

Carry less Rocs :p

Pft, it's actually so I can carry my standbys and grab extra things I want to try.

Like I really want to bring out a Wasp/Buzzz/Meteor out with me and shoot along side my Rocs, but I can't.

Yeah yeah field practice with a duffle bag but whatever, sometimes I need to be on the course to feel like I can feel the discs working.

I hear ya. I don't know what to suggest, other than until you get a new bag come up with two setups for the course. Your real setup and a goof-off bag. Fill the second with all the discs you'd like to try out but never throw.

Carry less Rocs :p

no, carry more rocs :thmbup: i've got a revolution carolina team bag that i can't say enough about. two big pockets for anything you could possibly need and two large insulated drink holders. the putter pocket holds two discs, and the regular disc compartment holds anywhere from 14-18. it's extremely durable and just looks sharp. i've had mine for about a yer now and i love it. a couple friends of mine have had theirs for going on five years and still look great. and if you find that you want to carry more than, say 18 discs, you can find more space if you need. i have one friend that has crammed about 24 disc in his without sacrificing pockets.

I hear ya. I don't know what to suggest, other than until you get a new bag come up with two setups for the course. Your real setup and a goof-off bag. Fill the second with all the discs you'd like to try out but never throw.

What I need to do is quit being a plastic whore. However, at this point I have too many Rocs to switch off permanently. I just loves me that feel.

I might honestly just use the Monkey for a Goof off bag once I get this new one. I wouldn't feel bad as it'll fit a good 10/11 discs which eassssily satisfies a round at any park.

no, carry more rocs :thmbup: i've got a revolution carolina team bag that i can't say enough about. two big pockets for anything you could possibly need and two large insulated drink holders. the putter pocket holds two discs, and the regular disc compartment holds anywhere from 14-18. it's extremely durable and just looks sharp. i've had mine for about a yer now and i love it. a couple friends of mine have had theirs for going on five years and still look great. and if you find that you want to carry more than, say 18 discs, you can find more space if you need. i have one friend that has crammed about 24 disc in his without sacrificing pockets.

Second on the Revo bag. Mine's ten years old and going strong and gets plenty of use.

If you like your Gb bag go for a silverback. it wont weight much more than a chimp and will have the extra storage you can use if you want to. I love my silverback and its nice having a bag that hardly anyone else on the course has.

Well I know you already said you have ruled out the largest bags, but I want to convince you to give the Innova Discarrier a try. I know there are going to be a bunch of people that are going to say the bag is crap but I love it, I have been using it for two seasons now and I have not had any problems.

First off: I am just like you, I am always trying new discs but want to carry all of my stand by' s. The Discarrier can hold 20+ discs depending on how many mids you carry, but I have carried only 12 discs too and it still holds it's shape. Plus you can carry an extra water bottle or food on those hot days. Second: it has plenty of storage without having giant pockets. Third: it has an external zip pocket for your phone, or what I use is the pocket organizer in the big pocket so I can separate my keys and phone so I don't scratch the screen, plus it keeps the dust off it too.

Hope this helped narrow your choice.

When I was looking for my first premium bag, I looked at all the top players who weren't sponsored by a company that made bags to see what they were using. Revy Carolinas were almost unanimously the choice. So I bought one, and can't say that I've ever had a second thought about it. It's a fantastic bag.

Having said that, I'm watching the forums for that Grip bag pretty closely, I like the concept a lot. :D

Phenix Streamline.

Carries as much as Fade touring bag with about a 60% footprint.

Love this bag...envy this bag, have already told Christy I want one for my birthday.

She can carry about 8 drivers on one side, 6-7 mids/putters on the other and 2 putters in dual putter pocket.

I'm loving my Chimp. I have a Simian and a Kong also. I got the Chimp for those days that I don't need all the storage. You can still pack quite a bit of stuff in a Chimp. I usually carry about 14 discs,bug spray, rags, extra water, etc. , and still have room.

When I was looking for my first premium bag, I looked at all the top players who weren't sponsored by a company that made bags to see what they were using. Revy Carolinas were almost unanimously the choice. So I bought one, and can't say that I've ever had a second thought about it. It's a fantastic bag.

Having said that, I'm watching the forums for that Grip bag pretty closely, I like the concept a lot. :D

I'm with you on this one. I have a GB Kong and love it, but Im really interested to see how these Grip bags turn out. I love the backpack aspect and hopefully its done well because I really want one.

Phenix Streamline.

Carries as much as Fade touring bag with about a 60% footprint.

Love this bag...envy this bag, have already told Christy I want one for my birthday.

She can carry about 8 drivers on one side, 6-7 mids/putters on the other and 2 putters in dual putter pocket.

Dear god... I just looked this up... Custom Coloring.

I almost think I've made my choice once I look up all the reviews. I've seen it talked about before, and I already own the Phenix Quads that would match the idea I want with it.

my cousin has the stream line, he picked out all the colors, it's pretty sick. and they have the zipper pocket between the discs, at least my cousin's does

my cousin has the stream line, he picked out all the colors, it's pretty sick. and they have the zipper pocket between the discs, at least my cousin's does

That's what I'm seeing on this. Their site has pretty generic pics of the bag itself. Going to have to hunt down people's pics so I can see what I'd be working with.

Latest posts