• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Indoor Disc Golf?

billnchristy

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
Indoor course

I read about there being one in Maine. I would love to build one down here because Christy just can't play much with her UV allergy. There is a former Publix close to the house that is just at an acre in size and I figured out a way to make 9 holes fit in.

BUT

Rent would be 34k a month :gross: which obviously ain't happening.

I would seperate the fairways with the military camo net stuff to give the imrpession of trees and use the existing concrete poles as trees. Other fake trees could be installed as needed.

Here is a rough drawing. It would be a very tight and technical course but would be great for the hottest, coldest, rainiest days.

attachment.php

Attachments

• idnoor disc.PNG
    idnoor disc.PNG
    48.3 KB · Views: 1,147
Super market disc golf....
Pros great for skip shots
Cons too many similiar shots down aisles
other thoughts great to eat as you play through the produce section

I'm sure there is a ghetto rat infested old building somewhere...

Was thinking could put down fake grass so no major skippage...maybe carpet walls like the old skating rinks have.

I think it has more variety than some outdoor courses with 10x the land personally.

That is a killer idea. I wish we had something like this for my kids to play, rather than the everything is over 350' here in Vegas. Needless to say, I would play it too.

I think a big indoor skate park would transition nicely into a course as well.

Get it? Transition?

*taps microphone*

skatelab-skatepark1.jpg

What you could do is hang all the cammo netting from the rafters and lower them down for golf hours.

You're welcome for my ideas. When do I get paided for them?

There is a 340,000 sq ft building near where my buddy lives that has recently become empty. That is 7.8 acres of indoor space. I think you could put in 18 holes (tight fairways) without much of a problem. Can't imagine what the rent would be.

Do you think they would rent it out for a one time tourney? Would the pdga sanction it? No lights = Glow Rounds?

There is a 340,000 sq ft building near where my buddy lives that has recently become empty. That is 7.8 acres of indoor space. I think you could put in 18 holes (tight fairways) without much of a problem. Can't imagine what the rent would be.

Do you think they would rent it out for a one time tourney? Would the pdga sanction it? No lights = Glow Rounds?

Hmmm, something to look into. That would be kinda rad to have a one-off tourney in a huge building. :hfive:

I've had a dream once or twice about playing a round in bi-level parking garage converted into a dg course. The best holes were the ones that used the ramp to go from the bottom to top level and vice verse. And for some reason G W Bush was playing a round there, but in spite of that, I had still had fun lol.

One of the old GM plants here in town just had the sale fall through. Only 9 million dollars!
Course that includes the equipment left. I think it is just under 3 million without the equipment. Could put a KILLER course in there!

I always thought that an abandoned warehouse would be an awesome feature to play in/through...

Latest posts