• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Infinite Discs Emperor

Myke566

Birdie Member
So I've seen a few photos pop up for the Infinite Discs Emperor, but there isn't really any information out there. To be honest,it looks like some sort of Destroyer variant. Hard to tell from the few pictures I've seen. Anyone have any info on this disc?

All of the posts I've seen are saying it's basically a Destroyer.

I'm guessing it's going to be an L Wing type.

th

All of the posts I've seen are saying it's basically a Destroyer.

I'm guessing it's going to be an L Wing type.

We were just talking about a Destroyer-L in the Destroyer thread. It'd be interesting (in a good way) if that was manifested in the Emperor....

I've seen many a reference to -L. What is it exactly again? Slanted inner rim?

It's a Destroyer with a Leopard wing. :p

Actually, it would be one where the underside of the wing is straight-ish, rather than a bit concave like Destroyer wings supposedly are all supposed to be.

Given the myriad of conditions that affect the shape of the disc (temperature, humidity, a butterfly flapping its wings on the other side of the earth), the result will probably be wing shapes that run the gamut like all things do in disc golf.

Molds that actually have a true L variation like Teebird and TL, or Starfire with SL, the L has a straighter or slightly convex bottom wing. They fly less overstable.

The + molds are the ones that have the slanted inner rim.

The "L" wing is a bottom piece that is slightly convex. Innova took several of their discs and put an "L" wing bottom on them. For example, the Firebird-L (FL) is the Firebird top with that L-bottom... the normal Firebird bottom is more convave and the top wing 'hangs' over the edge more.

The TL is supposedly a Teebird with an "L" bottom, but the TL top looks more like the Archangel top than the Teebird top.

The most 'famous' "L" mold is the Beast. There was and still is a ton of confusion over the Beast-X (concave bottom) vs. the Beast-L (convex bottom), and a lot of people don't realize there are two molds with the 'Beast' name on them.

As slowplastic said, the Plus-molds have the slanted rim. The Teebird and TL were both made with the Plus rim, and were called the Teebird+ and TL+. There are also Roc+ rims out there.

The Infinite site lists the Emperor now, as a "coming soon" disc, numbers 12, 5, -1, 3... which are the Deatroyer's numbers, take 'em for what you will. Not much other info yet, though...

The Infinite site lists the Emperor now, as a "coming soon" disc, numbers 12, 5, -1, 3... which are the Deatroyer's numbers, take 'em for what you will. Not much other info yet, though...

Well if it is a Destroyer like disc but with better wing to me then some of the Ricky model, I would like the disc. Also hope they make the Champion blended disc too. The newer Champion Destroyers leave a bit to be desired in some of the newest discs, but not all as some just have the bubbles in the rim even bigger ones near the thickest part of rim and not like the Blizzard Champion with the bubbles all over even outside the rim on discs not on all in a mold but with every mold. I just feel that Innova is selling off old Champion discs in the warehouse as runs of the Star Ricky molds were made in really large numbers to stop making the least bought Destroyer plastic I would guess.

We were just talking about a Destroyer-L in the Destroyer thread. It'd be interesting (in a good way) if that was manifested in the Emperor....

And discontinued in the Destroyer. It would be sad to see things the other way around the way I am afraid it might happen just to please Ricky.

Scorpius, Cloudbreaker, Emperor- all just Destroyers with a different name?

The Emperor may be a Destroyer-L, as an experiment (which IMHO Innova and Infinite are doing in the Infinite line of discs). The Sphinx worked out very well (allegedly Valk top and Roadrunner bottom), so we'll see if the Emperor will, as well.

So yes, to paraphrase Shakespeare: "a Destroyer by any other name..."

It looks interesting from what the numbers look like. Hopefully I'll get a tester as a team member and can report back.

I've like all three of the Infinite Discs I've tried so far. If I wasn't already deeply invested in Bards I'd be putting the Ra ITB. It's a very impressive mid. The Slab though... I love it. Super blunt, flies like a faster FAF Firebird. It's a really good situational disc.

It looks interesting from what the numbers look like. Hopefully I'll get a tester as a team member and can report back.

I've like all three of the Infinite Discs I've tried so far. If I wasn't already deeply invested in Bards I'd be putting the Ra ITB. It's a very impressive mid. The Slab though... I love it. Super blunt, flies like a faster FAF Firebird. It's a really good situational disc.

My wrist starts twisting just thinking about the Slab. :eek: I'm sure it's a great disc, but I just don't need that kind of beef in my bag.

Hey! You're Team Infinite Discs... even if you don't get a tester, get us some 'scoop' on what the Emperor is going to be! :)

My wrist starts twisting just thinking about the Slab. :eek: I'm sure it's a great disc, but I just don't need that kind of beef in my bag.

Hey! You're Team Infinite Discs... even if you don't get a tester, get us some 'scoop' on what the Emperor is going to be! :)

Team Infinite member here: tester runs are shipping out soon and rumored to be splatter star :D

And discontinued in the Destroyer. It would be sad to see things the other way around the way I am afraid it might happen just to please Ricky.

Ricky came from Enforcers, which are much closer in stability to a beefy destroyer than a flippy one... I don't think they are making flippy destroyers at his request...

Ricky came from Enforcers, which are much closer in stability to a beefy destroyer than a flippy one... I don't think they are making flippy destroyers at his request...

True, but Wysocki might have asked them to make his sig Destroyers a bit less stable than the beefy McBeth runs. Not necessarily 'flippy', just less beefy.

To be honest with you, I tend to think Innova just cranks out Destroyers without much of a care whether they come out beefy, flippy, or in between. They know there are enough of them out there that players can find what they want so they just mold it, stamp it, ship it.

It's just the luck of the draw from run to run what we get.

Obviously nobody can say for sure. This is just what I tend to believe given the variance seen in basically every single era of destroyer.

Latest posts