• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Infinite Discs Emperor

Dunno if you meant it that way, but when I read this, it comes across as a cheap shot at me. :mad: I've been really supportive of the ID line of discs, and was defending you earlier in this thread, so the shot isn't warranted.

I took it as a compliment to you as well.

I have several Infinite discs on my short list because of you, and before joining this site I used to read all of your reviews there...I was pleasantly surprised to see your avatar here as well when I joined.

:thmbup:

4 pages and there is what? 1 comment on the flight of this disc?

As they are not available on Infinite, "coming soon", is the lack of flight reports surprising to you?

I took it as a compliment to you as well.

I have several Infinite discs on my short list because of you, and before joining this site I used to read all of your reviews there...I was pleasantly surprised to see your avatar here as well when I joined.

:thmbup:

For sure, I read SD's posts on Infinite all the time. Has really helped getting discs for my mid powered friends.

Test run Emperors came in for team members today. It's supposed to be based on the destroyer, and my initial impression is that it looks, feels, and flies almost identically.

4L807Rt.jpg

Some side-by-sides below next to a:

1) penned 4x McBeth
x0txUM6.jpg

2) embossed 4x McBeth
LtHQfvy.jpg

3) 1.9 Sirius Scorpius
3t01PLY.jpg

Can anyone compare the emporer to the pharaoh?

I'm also curious to hear comparisons between the Emperor and the Pharaoh. I read reviews on the Infinite site that said the I-blend Emperor is less overstable than the Pharoah. If that's the case, I might be willing to give the Emperor a shot...

I had purchased a couple I-Blend Emperor's about a month ago, but never threw them. So I tossed one in the bag for the last local tourney of the year since I was playing for fun and not really caring what was in the bag.

Let me say that it was love at first throw. Every throw was absolutely amazing with this disc during the tournament. Normally I'm not what I'd classify as a big arm, but the Emperor changed that. Every time I pulled out the Emperor and bombed it, the people in my group were blown away at how far it was going. My normal driving distance is 370-380, but with the Emperor I was consistently hitting 410-430 on flat ground. It has impressed me so much that I am thinking about ordering up a couple Splatter's and Glow MF's to audition in place of my Destroyers/Wraiths. If you're a slower arm speed like me, you should definitely be checking out the I-Blend Emperor...maybe you too will see some big distance gains with this disc.

What I have found is that they maintain a lot of the Destroyers high speed stability with a lot less fade, so where I would crank a Destroyer BH and hit maybe 400, these stay straight long enough to bet that extra distance. Got a 165 splatter star that I'm really enjoying.

So the Emperor is more OS than the Pharaoh?

It depends on the plastic and the wing. It would seem that the Emperor has fallen victim to the same issue the Destroyer has right now. You can get the McBeth configuration or the Wysocki configuration. FYI, I have no proof of this other than my own visual comparison. One of the local Team Infinite players carries two splatters with the wing variations. One is very McBeth destroyer like and the other variation is quite a bit straighter. I will say that both configs are still overstable enough in the Splatter plastic. The MF Emperor he has is very straight with a little fade on the end. I really dig this I blend Emperor though. Threw it some more yesterday between snow flurries and really dig the grip on this plastic as well as this mold in general.

Here's how I'd rate the plastic variations I've seen so far.
Splatter(McBeth config) 12, 5, 0, +3
Splatter(Wysocki config) 12, 5, -.5, +2
MF 12, 4, -.5, +1.5
I 12, 5.5, -1, +1

I'm also curious to hear comparisons between the Emperor and the Pharaoh. I read reviews on the Infinite site that said the I-blend Emperor is less overstable than the Pharoah. If that's the case, I might be willing to give the Emperor a shot...

I have an I blend Emperor and 2 S blend Pharaohs. The Emperor is definitely more stable than the Pharaohs.

Are the I-blends domey?

I don't throw it a bunch since it's a little less stable than I want it to be (I've been throwing my Grym and World instead) but that being said I'd say it's not overly domey. I can't actually remember what it feels like which means it probably leans more towards the flat side of the spectrum. I'll probably be getting a few in the Splatter blend soon.

Latest posts