• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Innova Charger 13/5/-1/2

will pair nicely with the disc chargers i keep seeing poppin up everywhere

I hear these will hold that charge longer than previous Innova molds, too. :\

I'm currently in a war with some as-of-right-now-unidentfied douche that keeps drawing disc chargers on our benches. As soon as I see one I paint over it, but usually within a week or two there's a new one. It's just back and forth. I just keep a can of spray paint in my truck. Hopefully he'll give up soon, it gets old.

I think the rim width mystery has to do with different plastic blends. I need someone to measure a DX Destroyer to be sure though. My assumption is DX shrinks more as it cools, so the one they sent in WAS 2.2 but when it's molded up in Star it iss 2.3. Now they might send prototypes in in premium, thus the 3's in Star are wider than the original mold in DX

I think the rim width mystery has to do with different plastic blends. I need someone to measure a DX Destroyer to be sure though. My assumption is DX shrinks more as it cools, so the one they sent in WAS 2.2 but when it's molded up in Star it iss 2.3. Now they might send prototypes in in premium, thus the 3's in Star are wider than the original mold in DX

I actually did that with >100 discs one day when I was home sick. All Innova manufactured, several plastic blends and most with very little use.

DX rims were about 0.3-0.4mm narrower than Champion and Star with Pro and XT in between.

The discs I measured were almost all manufactured in the last few years so maybe the DX blend back in the day shrank even more but idk.

Edit: also fwiw all my Corvettes and Bosses were 23.75 - 24.1mm rim width, consistently 1mm wider than Destroyers.

Last edited:
I realized this gap as most Shrykes are too flippy to be workhorse distance drivers, but Destroyers don't turn much, if at all, for me. The beefiest Shrykes are glideless Champs, and they're almost Destroyers. The Pharaohs are beefy Shrykes, but they just don't seem to fly well for me. The only Emperor I threw was a fast glideless beefcake. I've never thrown a TeeDevil, but I've heard they're terrible.

The best discs I've found in this gap are the GStar Destroyer or a pop top Star Shryke, something that's "consistently" in that stability/speed area would be nice, especially in Star plastic.

I've got a swirly Weese Tour series Star Shryke from several years ago that is very flat and stiff, and about as stable as a typical new Destroyer is out of the box. I'd rate it as a 13/6/-1/3 when it was brand new and is probably around 13/6/-1/2 right now after light use. Got lucky with that one. Only one like that I've ever seen, I'm sure one could fine one online but I'd bet they'd be pricey at this point and probably not worth it, considering you'd probably get the same thing with a typical Halo one.

Edit - its the 2018 edition

Last edited:
I've got a swirly Weese Tour series Star Shryke from several years ago that is very flat and stiff, and about as stable as a typical new Destroyer is out of the box. I'd rate it as a 13/6/-1/3 when it was brand new and is probably around 13/6/-1/2 right now after light use. Got lucky with that one. Only one like that I've ever seen, I'm sure one could fine one online but I'd bet they'd be pricey at this point and probably not worth it, considering you'd probably get the same thing with a typical Halo one.

Edit - its the 2018 edition

Sounds like a halo shryke, except less glide...id struggle for give them a 5 glide...maybe 4.5

I have lost a bit of power after the mysterious virus of late 2022. It's like it affected my mussels.

I had some sort of virus mid December. I think I have rhe same power but my muscles get sore after throwing/ workouts.

i'm concerned these are going to have blizzard-y wings like most Innova distance drivers of late. waiting for feedback from others before pulling trigger

i'm concerned these are going to have blizzard-y wings like most Innova distance drivers of late. waiting for feedback from others before pulling trigger

As much as people hate on the Destroyers with those wings, they are the best flying for me.

Just my $0.02: I already throw Destroyers and Vulcans, and there's zero gap between them to be filled. Actually negative gap... my flippiest Destroyers are flippier than a crispy new Star Vulcan.

So I don't have much interest in the new mold. No use for it. I know that Innova needs to "innovate" and push new products. Maybe this will be someone's tour series and help a pro make ends meet. But for this grumpy old guy, zero interest.

(Unless they make a run with STICKIN' PUTTS stamps. Then this will become my go-to distance driver.)

Lol, I know right? I'm not trying to convince anyone that it's a smart idea. Just what works for me. I actually like that little ridge at the top of the wing/transition to dome. Feels good in the hand.

I should start a public benefit service where I accept people's unwanted Destrulcans, and then they can stop complaining about them.

Just my $0.02: I already throw Destroyers and Vulcans, and there's zero gap between them to be filled. Actually negative gap... my flippiest Destroyers are flippier than a crispy new Star Vulcan.

So I don't have much interest in the new mold. No use for it. I know that Innova needs to "innovate" and push new products. Maybe this will be someone's tour series and help a pro make ends meet. But for this grumpy old guy, zero interest.

(Unless they make a run with STICKIN' PUTTS stamps. Then this will become my go-to distance driver.)

I feel like most Vulcans are more overstable than their given flight numbers. Very seldom will you see one that's actually -4 turn.

Honestly, I feel like the Katana pairs better with the Destroyer than the Vulcan.

Latest posts