• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Innova Daedalus

DinosaurThunder

Double Eagle Member
PDGA Link

"The INNOVA Daedalus has wings to fly far down the fairway The INNOVA Daedalus is a new maximum downwind distance driver crafted for less powerful players. The disc will double as a long distance roller for more advanced players. The INNOVA Daedalus will be available in GStar plastic and is initially rated 13, 6, -4, 2. The Daedalus likes to be thrown low. Make sure it doesn't soar too close to the sun." - by Innova Discs

More flippy high speed premium plastic...

Interesting name for the disc and Greek Mythology back story. Seems like they are reinventing the vulcan in g-star, but I am guessing very flippy as well.

My problem with this is that it was Icarus, not Daedalus, that flew too close to the sun and thus plunged to his death in the sea.

I always thought Daedalus made it because he didn't fly so high.

^^This... Daedalus never left the ground if I remember Greek mythology correctly

No, he did. He was icarus' dad, and made their wings. He warned icarus not to fly too high or too low because the sun would melt the wax on his wings or the sea water would soak them

Yep just double checked the myth. Daedalus made it, while Icarus flew too close and fell out of the sky into the sea and drowned.

Speed 13 flip machine. Awesome.

leaving-now-grandpa-simpsons.gif

**may have just been looking for a spot to use that gif**

"To escape, Daedalus built wings for himself and Icarus. They successfully flew from Crete, but Icarus' wings melted when he flew too close to the sun, and he drowned in the sea. Daedalus buried his son and continued to Sicily, where he came to stay at the court of Cocalus."

From

http://www.pantheon.org/articles/d/daedalus.html

Stephan Daedalus? :| :| :|

Looks like the name worked: more people talking about that than the disc itself.

Not sure what distinguishes this from the Tern on first glance; I suppose this is a little faster?

At least they didn't go with Icarus. That would have set the disc up for failure.