• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Innova Deluxe vs Competition bag

SpiderWaffle

Bogey Member
Trying to decide which bag to use for a cart design I'm working on.
These bags seem very similar.

I gather the Deluxe is slightly smaller at about 18"x9"x9" in size, and the Competition is about 20x9"x9" can anyone confirm this?

And respectively the Deluxe holds about 20 discs in the main vs 22 for the Competition?

I'd like to hold two putters in the front pouch, one maybe a nova which is very thick, would either of the pockets be different for that?

Thanks in advance!

First off, I can hardily recommend the Comp bag. I used one for about 6-7 years of heavy play and it still is in prime condition. Dirty and faded, but rugged as can be.

The Deluxe putter pocket is the same fabric as the main body with a semi-rigid seam on the top - not elastic. While you can fit two putters in there, it's quite tight and can be annoying as well as risking some warping. The Comp bag has a larger pocket made of the same body material, but it is oversized and separated from the main body. Moreover, the top seam is elastic and stretches easily to fit two putters. I just tested with two Novas, and a Nova and a shallow putter (RDG Scale). Nova/Scale no problem at all. Nova x2, tight, but workable.

While the Deluxe only seems marginally smaller via dimensions, I have owned both and the Comp is definitely a more spacious and ergonomic design. Not only for more discs, but for additional storage and fluids as well. (Deluxe, 1x bottle holder - Comp, 2)

Personally, for the two bags you've questioned, it's no question the Competition bag in my mind.

Since it's just for a cart and ergonomics don't matter, I'd just go with the Fade Tournament bag. It's cheaper and is pretty much the same bag. I currently use the Fade bag on a cart and since the bag never sits on the ground, the difference in quality of material really didn't play a part in my decision.

How wide/long is the fade bag though (seems longer)? I need the bag to fit between the wheels without having go TOO wide. So I'm hoping for 16-18"

No front pocket for putters on the Deluxe.

Also, in my experience, Fade bags aren't sturdy. I had a Fade bag once and right away one of the side pockets came apart at the stitching like one of Hulk Hogan's shirts.

I still use the comp bag its great. check the marketplace, there is someone that is selling one for $25 shipped

Trying to decide which bag to use for a cart design I'm working on.
These bags seem very similar.

I gather the Deluxe is slightly smaller at about 18"x9"x9" in size, and the Competition is about 20x9"x9" can anyone confirm this?

And respectively the Deluxe holds about 20 discs in the main vs 22 for the Competition?

I'd like to hold two putters in the front pouch, one maybe a nova which is very thick, would either of the pockets be different for that?

Thanks in advance!

I would choose the Deluxe or the DISCarrier instead of the Competition Bag. The Competition Bag has small side pockets that are not big enough to hold shirts or other clothing. The Deluxe has one large side compartment and the DISCarrier has two large side compartments. I used the Deluxe the most as it is perfect size for casual rounds and doesn't weigh very much. I use the larger DISCarrier for travel and tournaments because I can fill those side compartments with more liquids, more stuff or more discs. Since this is for a cart, why not get the bigger bag and fill it with more discs, fluids and gear?

Latest posts