• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Innova Discover pack

I'm looking at this bag to use for field practice. Currently I use the small Innova "Standard" bag for rounds, but I'd like something to easily carry more discs that I can keep in my truck.

From what I'm reading, the Prodigy BP-3 holds a few more discs, but is a bit more expensive. For field practice (not playing), which bag would be preferable, or is there a better alternative than either the Prodigy or Innova for roughly the same price?

High quality milk crate... It doubles as a target and a stool. A few bungees keep the discs from spilling out.

I have looked at the Innova Discarrier, and the Prodigy bag does look similar. I was interested in the smaller backpack styles in case I have someone interested in playing, and I want to take them out with a few different discs.

Since my main focus though is practice, the larger tournament bag is probably better. Thanks for the heads up.

I mean the Innova Standard bag is good enough for a beginner disc golfer with a few discs if yours is still in good shape. The Beginner would have a putter, a slower midrange and possibly a fairway midrange hybrid or fast midrange if they have played other disc sports or sports with lots of throwing. So with about only 3-4 disc about and a Standard bag has room for that + the extras like a towel as well as something to knock discs out of trees for them.

Main focus with what you want seems like a practice bag for you and the Prodigy Tournament model seems like a good choice for the price range.

So my Brother likes his new Bag, Innova Discover pack as a replacement over his little Lighting Starter bag he used before since 2004 or so and he has yet to use the Discover for a round. He keeps the Lighting bag for a person who wants to play but is a beginner with beginner type discs in it. I just hope he did not put the discs the Mercury, Saturn, Pluto all PDGA approved discs that he was given from a friend in that beginner bag as those are the worst approved discs besides the unpredictable Grove.

He said quote: "It is a fancy bag that one you gave me Casey. I would not want a bigger bag for my discs as it feels heavy with only 11 maybe up to 12-13 discs in it. It is nice to have the U shape thing in the bag as the discs fit perfectly (harder to get out then my old bag) in that and have less chance falling out of the backpack."

He was used to the single strap starter bag that he used for years. The Discover is the second bag in the starter backpack category and price range with the Uper Parks Draw as the first. I had messed up for a few years getting a cooler single strap bag from Throwback Sports that was not good. Nor was a stool that had a backpack built on to it but that was meant to be for hunting and target practice stuff NOT disc golf.

Brother in post above is about 5 ft, 6 in and 225-230 pounds barrel chest. The backpack fits him and does not look awkward in the bag part, just does in the strap part.