• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Innova Krait-Approved

I got a 175g CFR version when it was first available, I throw it RHBH, field tested it a dozen or so times...250' meat hook every time. Just got a 157 Blizzard and field tested it yesterday... 375' straight as an arrow. I don't know if it's just me or if it has something to do with the CFR metal flake version but it is night and day between the two for me. Bottom line... I love the Blizzard Krait. Yay!

I always thought the point of owning a business was to turn a profit. I would think a vast majority of Innova customers are weekend huckers out for a casual round with friends. They are not the type to visit forums and learn how to breakdown thier form in order to improve. They want the newest and fasted disc they can get. If Innova didnt make the discs someone else would. Plus I would think this buisiness is alot of trial and error. How many drivers did Innova make before they struck gold with the Teebird or Eagle and so on with thier whole linup.

In order to maintain its position in the disc golf industry, Innova as a company needs to keep investing in R&D and new molds or it will get replaced by someone else that will.

Imagine if they stopped making new molds when the Cheetah was their ultra long range driver. Where would they be now?

I've looked at several Blizzard Kraits and I swear no 2 look alike. Some are nearly as flat as a Flick, some have a weird nipple like dome, some look "normal" (whatever that means). I have a CFR one that I've thrown a few times and it could possibly find a home in my bag. Not sure about the Blizzard ones just yet.

i ran across one of the metal flake kraits cheap and picked it up to test out. i only tossed it a few times last night after work and didn't really feel that i got a good pull in with it but it seemed pretty straight. i was having issues last night over striding so everything was on a lower line than normal, but it pretty much went dead straight. i'm interested to see what kind of distance i can get with it compared to my vip sword. the sword flies similar to a pd for me, just longer. if the krait gets swordlike distance with a touch less fade it could find its way into the bag full time.

I've been throwing the CFR 175wt Ch Krait. My friend has been throwing the Blizzard in 165 wt (oddly high for a blizzard imo) and its arrow straight with 1/2 the fade of a wraith at the end helping push a little further.

Personally, the "flyweight" blizzards are too light for me & feel awkward in my driving motion. However, I'd love me a blizzard krait at 165 to help with my OAT off the pad. Anyone know where I can find one around the mid 60's online? Found one on EBay at 161 but would like a little more mass.

I've been messing around with one of the sparkle champ Kraits. Its a pretty solid disc. Not quite as stable as the numbers suggest. The numbers lead you to believe its similar to a worn Wraith but it just doesn't fly stable like a beat Wraith still will. It hasn't handled wind too well for me either. It DOES hold a great line though. It feels like a long range control driver. Very easy to hit gaps with and holds a long glide if thrown low. I think it flys a little farther than my Wraiths will as well. Fun disc to throw. The rim is very smooth and has a small fat part near the edge. Its a super comfortable rim that I had no trouble getting clean releases with. I would love to see that rim on a more stable disc. All in all its a good disc, just not good enough to knock anything out of my bag. I would think as they get beat it would be too understable for me. See what happens with the production disc. Just my opinion. Hope it helps

I've been messing around with one of the sparkle champ Kraits. Its a pretty solid disc. Not quite as stable as the numbers suggest. The numbers lead you to believe its similar to a worn Wraith but it just doesn't fly stable like a beat Wraith still will. It hasn't handled wind too well for me either. It DOES hold a great line though. It feels like a long range control driver. Very easy to hit gaps with and holds a long glide if thrown low. I think it flys a little farther than my Wraiths will as well. Fun disc to throw. The rim is very smooth and has a small fat part near the edge. Its a super comfortable rim that I had no trouble getting clean releases with. I would love to see that rim on a more stable disc. All in all its a good disc, just not good enough to knock anything out of my bag. I would think as they get beat it would be too understable for me. See what happens with the production disc. Just my opinion. Hope it helps

This is a good review, it mirrors my findings.

I got a 175g CFR version when it was first available, I throw it RHBH, field tested it a dozen or so times...250' meat hook every time. Just got a 157 Blizzard and field tested it yesterday... 375' straight as an arrow. I don't know if it's just me or if it has something to do with the CFR metal flake version but it is night and day between the two for me. Bottom line... I love the Blizzard Krait. Yay!

Just went out with my 161 Blizzard today & had the same results quoted above. Was going to recommend max weight Blizz molds to those with this issue from the CFR mold & then saw this post.

Put this disc out around 375' ( a good 50' from my other drivers ) consistently on flat releases & NARROW S turns. Felt like my DX Destroyer but with a weaker Fade (which gave me more distance). This disc on a slight Hyzer Flip has to compete against any on the market for furthest STRAIGHT LINE distance off the box.

It was because of this thread that I got a Blizzard Krait at all & just wanted to thank those who provided input. GREAT disc! Try one in Max Weight Blizz :thmbup:

Bliz. Krait's are available at CommunityDics.Com

Mine just showed up today in this awesome Hot Pink Color
2012-06-27_12-14-28_663-1.jpg

i'm afraid one of these days i'm gonna type in a url wrong and it's gonna redirect me to a site that's NSFW. cross my fingers, hasn't happened yet.

I didnt bother reading much of the thread so I am sorry if this has been said already. The disc looks like a wraith top with a mamba bottom.

I have a 171 dayglo green sparkle champ.
On 400 ft flat throws the disc shows quite a bit of high speed turn and flexes out nicely with a sweeping forward fade. I have also been able to hyzer flip to flat and have the disc turn a little before fading. I feel this is a solid controled distance driver. It has a dependable fade and good glide for sure. When I turn it over it seem to resist some and depending on the height will always fade out. I have about a month with the disc so its still fairly new. Hopefully it keeps its high speed stability and loses some fade. All in all It is a solid mold.

I'm skeptical about the consistency of the blizzard kraits. I was browsing the innova rack at a local store and came across a row of them. Some had tops as flat as pancakes, but some had huge, round domey tops. I have also seen this in the blizzard destroyers. Does the shape of the krait's top affect its flight much? If I had $30 to blow on discs, I would experiment and check back, but I don't have that kind of freedom with my fun money these days. If anyone is looking for the flattest top on a driver you've ever seen, or the domiest top on a driver you've ever seen, I know where to find them. The place also has a bunch of Ti Buzzzes with concave tops, literally concave, but that's another story.

I've noticed that with blizzard discs, the flatter they are the more unstable they are. Every wraith/destroyer/boss that I've thrown that had a flat top was flippy. Every wraith/destroyer/boss that I've that that was domey was pretty freakin stable.

I've noticed that with blizzard discs, the flatter they are the more unstable they are. Every wraith/destroyer/boss that I've thrown that had a flat top was flippy. Every wraith/destroyer/boss that I've that that was domey was pretty freakin stable.

I disagree. o had a blizz wraith that was domey and flippy. I now have a 159 blizz krait that is pancake flat. Only thrown it a few tines but it definitely isn't flippy. Once long controlled flight

Latest posts