• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Drivers] MINT Discs - Freetail

Remind me to never give a good review until After I buy my backup discs. I think I got the very last heavy swirl on the entire bloody internet.

Dark green is not my favorite color... so easy to loose.

lol stock has been dwindling for a bit on the sublimes since people found out the swirlies are on the stiffer side. the midnight blues i felt last friday were the swirly ones, the green wasnt too dark cmpared to the midnight blue.

if you need more, i would check otb discs, infinite discs or discnation. if you're on facebook, you can also join our buy/sell/trade group as another outlet.

i hope you enjoy those freetails!

I happily purchased one of the Apex with the Christmas stamps, 174g. It's "light blue" - almost teal. Great feel in the hand, excellent plastic, beautiful stamp.

For context, I am an older player with a noodle arm: my go-to straight drivers are breakouts, Heats for a little fade, and CD2's for dependably OS or upwind shots. All those in the 270' - 285' range in a flat field.

My best throws with the Freetail are at least as long as anything I throw - and I've experienced that "right hand slide" mentioned by another poster. It finishes with some fade, making for a beautiful "S" curve.

My less-than-best throws fall into two categories: a fade/stall due to too much nose up, or a short, low throw where the discs just "feels heavy." Neither of these are the fault of the disc - they are entirely due to my form shortcomings.

My conclusion is that I still need to work on form: once I get 9's like the Heat, CD2 and Hatchets to fly more like they're designed, I could step up to the Freetail.

I happily purchased one of the Apex with the Christmas stamps, 174g. It's "light blue" - almost teal. Great feel in the hand, excellent plastic, beautiful stamp.

For context, I am an older player with a noodle arm: my go-to straight drivers are breakouts, Heats for a little fade, and CD2's for dependably OS or upwind shots. All those in the 270' - 285' range in a flat field.

My best throws with the Freetail are at least as long as anything I throw - and I've experienced that "right hand slide" mentioned by another poster. It finishes with some fade, making for a beautiful "S" curve.

My less-than-best throws fall into two categories: a fade/stall due to too much nose up, or a short, low throw where the discs just "feels heavy." Neither of these are the fault of the disc - they are entirely due to my form shortcomings.

My conclusion is that I still need to work on form: once I get 9's like the Heat, CD2 and Hatchets to fly more like they're designed, I could step up to the Freetail.

thank you for your review :) give it time and everything will fall into place. i play regularly with some older guys, 50-65, and they are still learning it too but theyve also had some of their longest throws ever with the freetail. so theres hope, keep practicing and learning, sir.

I'm a fan of the apex and sublime freetails I have been throwing for the last couple weekends. Apex is VERY understable for a 10 speed. Sublime is a laser beam with some hyzer and a slight tailwind. There's enough distance they're both in the bag.

I got an apex freetail not long ago, I was basically looking for a somewhat understable control driver. Right out of the bag, it was flying perfectly and giving me ridiculously easy distance. For reference, Terns have been my go to distance drivers for a few years. The Freetail was easily outdistancing my Terns by 10-20 feet and quickly took over the distance slot for me. But now it's beaten in and has become VERY understable and it's tough for me to be able to get a full flight out of it unless I've got an open hole and favorable wind. Do the other plastics wear in better to get that sweet flight of new Apex, or am I better off with a different mold?

I got an apex freetail not long ago, I was basically looking for a somewhat understable control driver. Right out of the bag, it was flying perfectly and giving me ridiculously easy distance. For reference, Terns have been my go to distance drivers for a few years. The Freetail was easily outdistancing my Terns by 10-20 feet and quickly took over the distance slot for me. But now it's beaten in and has become VERY understable and it's tough for me to be able to get a full flight out of it unless I've got an open hole and favorable wind. Do the other plastics wear in better to get that sweet flight of new Apex, or am I better off with a different mold?

tim, i would try the eternal or a gummy sublime if you want more durability and similar flight to the apex. which color apex were you throwing? there is one anomaly in the apex, they are firm , goldish orange or light orange in color and have more high speed stability . same goes for the sublime, the swirly and firm sublime are a little more high speed stable than the standard apex,eternal and non swirly sublime.

in order of most high speed stable to most understable:

firm light orange/gold apex
swirly and firm sublime
non swirly /gumm sublime and eternal
apex

did you pick up apex? those are the most understable but this mold is meant to be for slower arms for the most part. ive listed above the order of stability variances.

Yes. That's the type of plastic I prefer. Working on a trade.

tim, i would try the eternal or a gummy sublime if you want more durability and similar flight to the apex. which color apex were you throwing? there is one anomaly in the apex, they are firm , goldish orange or light orange in color and have more high speed stability . same goes for the sublime, the swirly and firm sublime are a little more high speed stable than the standard apex,eternal and non swirly sublime.

in order of most high speed stable to most understable:

firm light orange/gold apex
swirly and firm sublime
non swirly /gumm sublime and eternal
apex

Cool, I'll see what I can find out there. My apex is blue, for reference.

Does anyone know where to find these? Everywhere online looks sold out. Would love to try a freetail

Does anyone know where to find these? Everywhere online looks sold out. Would love to try a freetail

the best place is to either luck out on a random retailer or head to facebook and join the MINT buy sell trade group. im sure you could find one there. we are working on restocking as soon as we can

the best place is to either luck out on a random retailer or head to facebook and join the MINT buy sell trade group. im sure you could find one there. we are working on restocking as soon as we can

Do you expect more swirly/stiff sublime in the future? Mine is gone... :(

hello

2nd run should be dropping next month, not sure exact date but info is always posted on facebook. :)

Attachments

• 138806753_2768597710023477_3701839719997083251_o.jpg
    138806753_2768597710023477_3701839719997083251_o.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 21