• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Drivers] MINT Discs - Freetail

hello

2nd run should be dropping next month, not sure exact date but info is always posted on facebook. :)

Do you know if it will be all plastics? The picture looks like sublime (not a fan, too stiff/slick for me). I have a blue nocturnal that I love with sparkle in it. Need some backups as it is my only Freetail.

I have never felt more of an urge to force a mold into my bag.

These discs are beautiful. I love this stamp so much.

Attachments

• Capture+_2021-02-09-07-46-34.jpg
    Capture+_2021-02-09-07-46-34.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 41
I ended up buying one. Has a good shoulder and flat across the top. A good neutral flight plate for this type of disc in my opinion...

Havent thrown one yet but she looks flippy and glidey.

Honestly...the stamp and plastic is worth 18$ regardless of how this thing flies....this disc is sooooo Austin

Its quite possibly my favorite stamp of all time. Not too messy, plenty of detail, bright color contrast, and large. I love it. Bought 2 more. I need this stamp in my life. Found a light blue with a rainbow stamp...omg.. I cant throw it...it will be art for my living room

Attachments

• IMG_20210209_092116_01.jpg
    IMG_20210209_092116_01.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
Have you gotten a chance to throw this run?

i have thrown 2 of my stock, a 169 and a 174 and while theyre both understable and glidey, the heavier one seems to turn a little slower.

we havent found any anomalies yet like the first run had but im sure itll come out once people start throwing all of the different colors. i have felt some that were flat and some that seemed to be a little more firm and a mild dome. i would guess that these all fly like the gummy or apex first runs

I ended up buying one. Has a good shoulder and flat across the top. A good neutral flight plate for this type of disc in my opinion...

Havent thrown one yet but she looks flippy and glidey.

Honestly...the stamp and plastic is worth 18$ regardless of how this thing flies....this disc is sooooo Austin

Its quite possibly my favorite stamp of all time. Not too messy, plenty of detail, bright color contrast, and large. I love it. Bought 2 more. I need this stamp in my life. Found a light blue with a rainbow stamp...omg.. I cant throw it...it will be art for my living room

glad to hear! its one of our favorite stamps to date and the foil combinations are all pretty sick. the freetail is definitely understable but its a great learning tool for those that want to learn back hand or need to correct form issues. its also a fantastic out of the box roller for experienced players that need to learn that shot.

Finally replaced my freetail, I had an eternal last summer, just traded to get a new nocturnal NT-FT-02-20. Now I remember there being a much bigger dome on the eternal, this nocturnal looks very flat!

But I don't see anyone talking about this run on this thread, and mintdiscs.com has not updated their Serial # Database.

Has anyone thrown these?

they still fly like a freetail is supposed to, some plastics mold up differently and come with dome and some are flatter. this recent run of sublime 2nd run have some that are flat and some that have a mild dome with a higher shoulder. as for the database, we havent updated that in a while because it is a very tedious task and was much easier to do when mint came out with the alpha because the runs were smaller. now that theyve been increasing runs almost every time, its much more work. at some point we should get back to it if we find a way to make it easier but til then, i would hop on facebook and join the MINT discs fan page. lots and lots of helpful info from many fans. hope to see you on there!

oh hey, a new run of Eternal Freetails are dropping tonight 3/8/22 at 7pm cst at www.mintdiscs.com along with your favorite retailer! these eternals seem to be a tick more high speed stable than first run eternal but its a small amount.

Attachments

• 275297342_3063305870552658_4597454905991866611_n.jpg
    275297342_3063305870552658_4597454905991866611_n.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 15
  • 275369367_3063969713819607_1958462253857085721_n.jpg
    275369367_3063969713819607_1958462253857085721_n.jpg
    154.3 KB · Views: 12
Pretty discs. I hope I can use them correctly.

uvAtAeg.jpg

Wow, what a difference. These are much better fliers than my first. Basically Mamba flight with a better grip/rim and more come back. One of them is going directly ITB.

Wow, what a difference. These are much better fliers than my first. Basically Mamba flight with a better grip/rim and more come back. One of them is going directly ITB.

good to hear! yes we hear the mamba comparisons a lot. some first runs, depending on what plastic you tried, are a little less stable and have more turn. apex seems to be the most understable of the plastics but hopefully the next run wont be. i have a feeling it will probably come out like these eternals.