• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Innova Mako

TalbotTrojan

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
So the PDGA was all excited that they just approved the Innova Mako and released a brand new approved discs list just four days after releasing an updated list. We could talk about how Innova gets special treatment from the PDGA but I would rather talk about this mysterious Mako disc.

Based on the specs I am guessing this is a Speed 4 mid-range disc. Hard to tell anything else from the specs. Anyone else have any guesses or credible information?

Oh its not the Maaco? If you can't ace the shot you could at least give it a ****ty paintjob.

They say it is Speed 4 Glide 4 HSS 0 LSS 0 they say it is a faster Dart in will only come in Star Plastic at the beggining of production.

Supposedly it is a 21.7 cm diameter disc that will be speed 4, glide 5, HSS 0, LSS 0. How it will be different from a Coyote, I'm not sure.

From the Dave D thread on PDGA.com:
davei said:
Yes, the Mako name does imply a Shark like disc. Same size, but much straighter flying. Initial number look like 4,5,0,0. It has the range of a mid with the flight characteristic of a putter. Pretty straight. It will be first introduced in Star.

Whoopy another innova midrange!
Has it been a week already ?
If you are counting, that would make 13 Innova mids. Crazy stuff. When I started playing there were not 13 different mids if you included all the companies. Plus when I started each company had one type of plastic. I don't envy you guys that just started playing who have to try to figure out the difference between all the crud that is out there today.

Yeah, Innova has way too much fun paying disc designers. Hoping they will offer me a job. Maybe Discraft since I seem to like their plastics better.

We can knock their ammount of discs they make but I go off of Joes fly chart and 8/10 times, when looking for a disc based on that chart compared to discs I already have; Innova has one.

Its not that I am a fan of Innova, its just the way it works out and its a good move on their part IMO.

We can knock their ammount of discs they make but I go off of Joes fly chart and 8/10 times, when looking for a disc based on that chart compared to discs I already have; Innova has one.

Its not that I am a fan of Innova, its just the way it works out and its a good move on their part IMO.

I certainly do not think it is a bad thing. It is just confusing when you are trying to figure out what to buy. Joe's is a good step in the right direction.

What? It's not being released in R(ubbish) Pro plastic?

So the PDGA was all excited that they just approved the Innova Mako and released a brand new approved discs list just four days after releasing an updated list. We could talk about how Innova gets special treatment from the PDGA but I would rather talk about this mysterious Mako disc.
Say what? I've been posting each updated list within a day or so after each new disc is approved. No manufacturer favoritism. In fact, I also just started posting the photo I get from the tester and did it first with the new manufacturer Cam Realty.