• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Innova Mako

The Mako does indeed have a fade

I tested out a 180g Star Mako last week. Looking at Innova's numbers, I was a little skeptical about the 0 turn, 0 fade rating. Indeed, after throwing it in a few different conditions, my doubts were realized. It is a very straight disc with good glide. On a midrange distance throw it holds its line very well. However, like every other disc that's not a putter, it does have a fade at the end of its flight. I would rate its fade a 1. It also does have some high speed turn. I was maxing out at about 360-370' in the field with the Mako, and when thrown that hard it does flip a little. Not as much as a Coyote, but definitely more than a true 0 HSS disc like a Teebird. This is also evident even on midrange shots into a little wind, where it flips a little as well. It can handle moderate winds if you know how to adjust your throw though. Overall it is a good disc. I would rate it Speed 5 (its faster than a Roc), Glide 5-6, Turn -.5, and Fade 1.

Latest posts