• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Innova Mako

Wait...so I can use a Mako to execute shots that I normally would use my Drone on?

;)

haha I barely caught the wink at the end of your post but just so no one is confused this disc is nothing like the drone whatsoever. The difference being the drone is actually a good disc ;)

Threw a disc today that was marked CY but they said they were told it was a mako. The thing was super straight and very nasty! My question is, was it a coyote or a mako? Im thinking it was a mako because it had the proto star on it and doubt they would put that on a coyote because they have been out for awhile. Coyote throwers...does your coyote fade? Cause this thing was STRAIGHT the whole way.

Nevermind, I just got my answer. Have you seen my baseball?

Oh ya thanks, just dont touch my ear

Just picked one of these up today and all I can say is WOW. This disc literally held any line I put it on without any trouble. If I put it on an anyhyzer is held it perfectly, hyzer same thing, if I put it on a straight line it held it perfectly. I want to pick up as many of these as I can

Just picked one of these up today and all I can say is WOW. This disc literally held any line I put it on without any trouble. If I put it on an anyhyzer is held it perfectly, hyzer same thing, if I put it on a straight line it held it perfectly. I want to pick up as many of these as I can

Didn't fade? I don't think I've ever thrown it where I don't see noticeable fade, unless I threw it and it hit ground too fast(as in earlier than I wanted/expected). It is a great disc though, even to throw VERY lightly with an anhyzer and have fade back because it had almost no spin or something.

Didn't fade? I don't think I've ever thrown it where I don't see noticeable fade, unless I threw it and it hit ground too fast(as in earlier than I wanted/expected). It is a great disc though, even to throw VERY lightly with an anhyzer and have fade back because it had almost no spin or something.

I saw a tiny bit of fade when i threw it on an anhyzer for longer distances but for anything under 150ft it held the line perfectly for me with maybe a tiny, tiny bit of fade at the end

Here re some side by side comparisons, of a star coyote-white. And a star mako-green.

Attachments

• 2009-11-2312.49.30.jpg
    2009-11-2312.49.30.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 50
  • 2009-11-2312.50.10.jpg
    2009-11-2312.50.10.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 71
  • 2009-11-2312.48.19.jpg
    2009-11-2312.48.19.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 67
As you can see, they are virtualy identical, which leads me to the conclusion that, they are basicly about as similar as a Rancho and San Marino Roc, one being slightly more overstable than the other, but barely.

As you can see, they are virtualy identical, which leads me to the conclusion that, they are basicly about as similar as a Rancho and San Marino Roc, one being slightly more overstable than the other, but barely.

the discs in those photos are visibly different, both the nose and wing having obvious differences. saying they are "virtually identical" is like saying a teebird and xl are identical. being similar does not make 2 things identical, or we'd have 10% as many disc options as we have today, since so many of the existing models would be "identical".

having thrown a blue proto star 180g mako a few times, here are my initial observations. feels similar to a coyote in the hand, slightly smaller than an omega ms. when thrown 75% on a slight anhyzer with no wind, it held its line for almost the entire flight (250-270ft), even fighting the anny a bit but never managing a true low-speed fade or skip. very little ground activity upon impact. when thrown flat or with hyzer, it would similarly hold its line well and just barely hyzer toward the end of its flight without a noticeable skip. reminded me of a well-seasoned roc or buzzz right out of the box. definitely not a coyote, which don't have nearly the same high speed stability. would like to see a mako in champ plastic, but wouldn't mind throwing them in star if they keep these flight characteristics throughout the various runs.

Well maybe the pics dont do it justice, but considering i am sitting here looking at them side by side i would have to say. Pull your head out smart-ass, they are the same.

I saw a tiny bit of fade when i threw it on an anhyzer for longer distances but for anything under 150ft it held the line perfectly for me with maybe a tiny, tiny bit of fade at the end

Well I guess I shouldn't be too surprised...you have been playing a lot longer than me. So you probably have better snap and overall form.

Well maybe the pics dont do it justice, but considering i am sitting here looking at them side by side i would have to say. Pull your head out smart-ass, they are the same.

there was a thread started last week some time asking "where'd all the original members go?" you could've pasted this response on there for a simple answer to that question. name-calling is for adolescents who haven't developed the ability to carry out a simple discussion in which both sides disagree, and it is more prevalent on this site than it should be. quality posters with something worthwhile to say (present company not necessarily included) are going to go elsewhere if these are the responses they can expect.

that being said, the pictures might have done more justice for the subtle differences between the 2 discs than the naked eye alone, because they were obvious.

I was looking at the Mako in a store the other day, and my first impression was "Man, this looks like a cross between a Shark and a Coyote." It definitely shares some features of the Coyote, but I do see a broader, less blunt rim on the Mako, and on of the photos posted shows that clearly. Seeing this, I would imagine it's a bit faster than the Coyote, but it doesn't look distinctive enough for me to try it, since my Roc and my Cro would probably overlap enough with this one that I don't want to spend on the Star plastic.

this disc has stayed in my bag and is continuing to surprise me
one of my new favorite things about it is that you can throw it with very little power and it refuses to fade. shots that i might try to snap an overstable putter to flatten out have become much more of a finesse throw with more ease throwing the Mako

Maybe it's just me, but I get a lot cleaner release with the mako than I do my other midranges. This and the fact that the fade is almost zero on this disc is making it my go to disc for shots where accuracy is a must.

this disc has stayed in my bag and is continuing to surprise me
one of my new favorite things about it is that you can throw it with very little power and it refuses to fade. shots that i might try to snap an overstable putter to flatten out have become much more of a finesse throw with more ease throwing the Mako

very well put. One of my favorite things about the mako is that i don't have to try and force a shot, i can feel confident taking some power off for more control knowing that the mako is still going to get where it needs to go. It's expensive but hopefully some people don't like theirs and are willing to trade :D

Love this disc and I've only had it a couple days and it flies just how Innova described it.

J-Park hole #19 has a narrow line, 205ft anhyzer shot and I parked it today........ orange in snow, foreground

29003_g.jpg