• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Innova Mako

I've now thrown my Mako for about 4 rounds. Nice straight disc. I don't think it will replace your Roc, Buzzz or Core, but it definitely has a place. I love it in the woods for squeezing between trees, or when I don't want it to fade around another tree. Dead straight and almost no fade. It also really shows you any flaws in your release since it goes right where you throw it.

After reading all these post, I think I will give my Mako another try. I was having trouble with it at first, but I think I will take it out and test fly it some more this week.

After reading all these post, I think I will give my Mako another try. I was having trouble with it at first, but I think I will take it out and test fly it some more this week.

I dont own one but I have thrown a friends a few times, you almost have to treat it like a regular frisbee when you throw it. dont expect to get huge distance but it will be accurate

I dont own one but I have thrown a friends a few times, you almost have to treat it like a regular frisbee when you throw it. dont expect to get huge distance but it will be accurate

Yea, I think I was trying to put too much on it and was expecting too much. I will try that approach.

I just wish the weather was warm enough where i could actually say i put too much on a shot. everytime i have played recently i feel like im playing ring toss

Yea, I think I was trying to put too much on it and was expecting too much. I will try that approach.

the Mako will go anywhere you make it so if you have any flaws in form it will show. that being said, it is actually a fairly forgiving disc if you do yank a bad one or throw it too high/nose up.

the Mako will go anywhere you make it so if you have any flaws in form it will show. that being said, it is actually a fairly forgiving disc if you do yank a bad one or throw it too high/nose up.

Agreed :clap: bad form will definitely raise its ugly head when throwing a Mako, the disc goes where you throw it, put hyzer it goes hyzer and so on and so forth.

For my skill level, the mako is an amazing disc. I throw buzzz's and drones and the mako fits in the lineup perfectly. It feels great in the hand, it holds any line, you can anny it with little effort and it has produced some amazing results so far. Wish it had more HSS, but champion plastic might be the remedy for that. Super accurate!

mako

just got one for xmas and i have to say it did whatever i wanted it to do anny, hyzer, and straight tunnel. i think this disc would be great for a new player also.

Finally got one (180) and it flies as advertised. No turn and no fade. Staight as an arrow whether you're a noodle arm or a torque monkey. NOT good into a headwind though, even with a little hyzer it flipped like a two dollar whore.

My experience is they are very similiar. If you have one you don't need the other.

Finally got one (180) and it flies as advertised. No turn and no fade. Staight as an arrow whether you're a noodle arm or a torque monkey. NOT good into a headwind though, even with a little hyzer it flipped like a two dollar whore.

Think tht is operator error. Mine dont flip unless I throw it that was and I flip everything over. They are very reliable

Think tht is operator error. Mine dont flip unless I throw it that was and I flip everything over. They are very reliable

Are you saying that the Mako should not turnover into a headwind if thrown flat but they will if thrown hyzer?

I'm sorry, but this is why people NEED to read their posts before they post it. That middle sentence makes NO sense. I'm fine if people have bad grammar or spell something wrong, but at least make sentences that people can read/understand. I don't mean to sound like a dick, because I screw up sometimes too, but that's why I read most of my posts over before(and sometimes even after) posting them.

Latest posts