• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Innova Pig

That's funny, because putting is exactly what I've been using my 175g R-Pro Pig for lately. My local course has the old DGA Mach III baskets which are not the best at catching, and the rubbery Pig really grabs the chains.:)

The only time I might putt with something like a Zone, Harp, or Pig is if the wind is absolutely howling. In normal conditions I want a putter that is a slower and quite a bit less stable. I don't want to have to chuck the disc at the basket and risk it going 20' past if I miss.

Marmoset War Pig design.

Innova-XXL-R-Pro-War-Pig-175g.jpg

innova-r-pro-pig-xxl-war-pig-stamp-1952_400x.jpg

Finally tried a Pig - picked up a slightly domey beat-to-hell one from a used bin. I love the reliable combo of a bit of glide and then a brick-like drop with minimal ground action. It scales up with power but never gets out of control. Nice compliment to my Zone when I want a shorter flight with less groundplay. I also like the big, chunky rim in my square paws - it makes me confident that thing will find the dirt more or less where I want it to!

Finally tried a Pig - picked up a slightly domey beat-to-hell one from a used bin. I love the reliable combo of a bit of glide and then a brick-like drop with minimal ground action. It scales up with power but never gets out of control. Nice compliment to my Zone when I want a shorter flight with less groundplay. I also like the big, chunky rim in my square paws - it makes me confident that thing will find the dirt more or less where I want it to!

The Zone and Pig overlap too much for me to bag both. I used to throw the Pig, but switched to the Zone because the lower profile made it easier for me to forehand.

The Zone and Pig overlap too much for me to bag both. I used to throw the Pig, but switched to the Zone because the lower profile made it easier for me to forehand.

Yeah, I'm not sure both will be in the bag together since they're similar enough. Will give it a little more testing to see how the overlap and feel play out.

Yeah, I'm not sure both will be in the bag together since they're similar enough. Will give it a little more testing to see how the overlap and feel play out.

I bag a Pig and a Zone.

The Pig is for backhand use and I don't forehand it well. The Zone is for forehands but the rim is uncomfortable to me for a backhand and I get a lot of early releases with the Zone on a backhand.

Honestly, if I could forehand the Pig better or backhand the Zone better then I'd just bag one of them.

Can anyone compare the R-Pro Pig to the K1 Soft Berg?

I have a K1 Soft Berg that I use for OS approaches (and putts if it's really windy). Its ability to hit & stick on approaches (i.e. very little ground play) and soak up hits (vs kicking away) are great. My son also loves it for the same reasons! LOL

Instead of just buying another K1 Soft Berg, I'm considering trying an R-Pro Pig if it has similar attributes. From reading reviews, the Pig is probably longer and a bit glidier than the Berg. I'm OK with that, as long as it sticks where it lands.

I have a K1 Soft Berg that I use for OS approaches (and putts if it's really windy). Its ability to hit & stick on approaches (i.e. very little ground play) and soak up hits (vs kicking away) are great. My son also loves it for the same reasons! LOL

Instead of just buying another K1 Soft Berg, I'm considering trying an R-Pro Pig if it has similar attributes. From reading reviews, the Pig is probably longer and a bit glidier than the Berg. I'm OK with that, as long as it sticks where it lands.

First off, the Berg is not over-stable.

I have and throw both. Berg is straighter, slower and shorter. Pig is faster, shallower, wider rim and is truly over-stable.
Pig can skip a bit, but not crazy and it's more workable for different types of lines (especially if you can forehand). Pigs also make good forehand rollers.

Bergs are kind of a one trick pony, but they do that trick very well and I love them, add a Pig for more options. Both would work together well in a bag.

So buy a Pig to try, but don't expect a Berg, totally different discs.

First off, the Berg is not over-stable.

I have and throw both. Berg is straighter, slower and shorter. Pig is faster, shallower, wider rim and is truly over-stable.
Pig can skip a bit, but not crazy and it's more workable for different types of lines (especially if you can forehand). Pigs also make good forehand rollers.

Bergs are kind of a one trick pony, but they do that trick very well and I love them, add a Pig for more options. Both would work together well in a bag.

So buy a Pig to try, but don't expect a Berg, totally different discs.

^ This

You can bag both a Berg and Pig no problem. They are quite a bit different though like the poster above mentioned. It's going to be beefier and faster then a Berg.

Main difference is that pigs are good, and bergs are not that good.

You should buy those four PFN Pigs I have collecting dust in my closet then.

Berg/Drone > Pig

I'm using an rpro pig for stable upshot's with minimal ground action.

It seems to fit that bill well for me.

I don't think it is particularly glidey. I have an Envy that I like to throw for a bit more glide and straighter finish.

Been rotating through some approach discs.

Brand new, both RPro Pigs appeared Zone-like in flight BH, maybe more of a "dump" than a smooth "fade" than the Zones. The Pigs rapidly straightened out and became reliably straight fliers, but still faded reliably (though less sharply/less dump). I can never quite get used to FH for the Pigs due to handfeel. The Pigs like to stick the landing, are good at emergency rollers, and I was surprised at how far they will fly on a moderate to fast pull once they're just a little beat in.

I can FH/BH a Zone comfortably. The Zone (Z, ESP to a lesser extent) gets more skip and hooks harder in more of a fade than a dump. Haven't changed much with plenty of abuse.

The Berg is truly unusual. It really does fly like a relatively straight brick and barely goes any farther when I give it max power. The only thing I found touchy is that it would pitch/turn right somewhat faster than I expected on anhyzer relative to other discs (which is neither good nor bad, just interesting).

Right now I'm most likely to bag a Pig if I want to play a BH-dominant one disc round, most likely to bag the Zone when I bring a full bag, and still tinkering with the idea of the unique distance control advantages of the Berg.

I use an R-Pro Pig for off the tee drives for holes under 200 feet. I can toss it hard on a slight anni and watch it fly dead straight.

I saw someone up there mention about how it's kind of a weird disc to throw FH but honestly, it's the ONLY putter I've used so far that I feel totally comfortable throwing FH without worrying about it turning over too quickly. Shout out to Ricky Wysocki for turning me onto them.

I watched that one video of him playing an entire round with only a Pig and since we have similar throw styles, I had to pick one up to see for myself and am very glad that I did.

One more update for the little Piggies out there.

It has changed from why I originally got it, but I'm falling in love with my beat R-Pro Pig. I love using it when I'm working on form because it goes exactly where and how far I throw it. At this stage of wear it flips from hyzer and turns a little but never burns and stays pretty straight overall. This little piggy still always likes to stick the landing unless I hit a really bad angle. I'm starting to look forward to one disc rounds with it just so I can push my abilities.

I'm not sure it's justified enough to cycle the R-Pros since the Zone serves my true OS control role. Maybe if it starts to turn too much I'd replace the Pig but this sweet spot is becoming super satisfying. Like GripEnemy is saying it's not really doing anything I expect the Zone/Berg to do - R-Pro Pig is a different disc and role and half of why I probably like it so much is the fit in my hand.

Just curious for those in the know- are the Pro/Colorglow Pro pigs more OS or hold OS longer?

If I remember correctly, R-Pro starts out more OS but beats in faster. My pre-Ricky Pro Pigs (aka Louis piggon)keep their stability for quite a while.