• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Innova Power Disc

Not bashing at all I promise, but those look like three entirely different molds

I think it's an optical illusion due to the new disc having the swirly dye. Here is the new PD vs the S-Line PD with a quick stroke traced around the silhouette of them via photoshop:

K8Ymlu9.jpg

Same exact lower wing shape, same parting line height, same beak-shaped 'anhyzer top', same dome. The only difference really is that the nose of the S-Line got pushed down a little bit, but that's because I assume it has been beaten in some?

The Lone Howl definitely looks different.

Haven't had a chance to throw them yet, but that's what I was thinking. Between that and the stiff plastic on the champ ones I'll just stick with the stars.

Same. The stars feel a lot better to me. If anyone wants to trade a star for a beef pop top champ, let me know.

I sent an email inquiring on the possibility of pro plastic.

[email protected]
[email protected]

Innova sent me a reply last week… "While it is entirely possible we will produce this disc in Pro plastic in the future, we do not currently have any plans to do so as we are trying to keep up with demand for other discs."

Not the answer I was hoping for but good to hear there is a chance for future pro plastic runs. Maybe a flood of emails from other DGCR members would help speed up the process.

Got a pearly blue champion today at the shop. Compared a bunch of star and champion and there was very little difference in dome. The one I grabbed was marginally flatter, I'd call them all mild dome. Most of the star had some bubbling around the edges, I've seen worse.

I like the feel of my pearly. Decent grip with a tiny bit of flashing and it's purty. Stamp is not offensive so I don't give a rip. Threw 4 flicks in the yard to about 250 and it doesn't seem particularly OS or dumpy. I have lotsa PDs so I'll wait and see if they put them into stock production.

For Grip - the anhyzer top feels especially good with this pearly plastic!

Innova sent me a reply last week… "While it is entirely possible we will produce this disc in Pro plastic in the future, we do not currently have any plans to do so as we are trying to keep up with demand for other discs."

Not the answer I was hoping for but good to hear there is a chance for future pro plastic runs. Maybe a flood of emails from other DGCR members would help speed up the process.

i hit em up

Got a pearly blue champion today at the shop. Compared a bunch of star and champion and there was very little difference in dome. The one I grabbed was marginally flatter, I'd call them all mild dome. Most of the star had some bubbling around the edges, I've seen worse.

I like the feel of my pearly. Decent grip with a tiny bit of flashing and it's purty. Stamp is not offensive so I don't give a rip. Threw 4 flicks in the yard to about 250 and it doesn't seem particularly OS or dumpy. I have lotsa PDs so I'll wait and see if they put them into stock production.

For Grip - the anhyzer top feels especially good with this pearly plastic!

damm you threw 250

that must have been some gale force tailwinds

I think I'll do the same. Maybe I'll see if they will start pitching Pro plastic as a winter/rain line, since they dry off really well with a towel

they sent me a different message but basically saying the same thing

its not something they are lookin at doin soon but "maybe" in the future

so in other words dont hold your breath

Just got back from my first rounds of throwing my stars. These things are sweet. Nice and straight with mellow fade. Pretty good glide too. Can't wait to beat one in.

they sent me a different message but basically saying the same thing

its not something they are lookin at doin soon but "maybe" in the future

so in other words dont hold your breath

They said the same thing to me when I was on a crusade for champ polecats. Bug them enough, and they'll run them to make you stop sending emails.

Why mold Pro discs when Star sells out just as fast? Bummer, love driver pro.

Yeah but they sell shixtloads of star Wraiths and Destroyers too but still run them in pro somewhat regularly. There's hope.

Played a couple rounds with the pearly blue and it's definitely on the OS end of PDs. I think that slight poptop has something to do with this. Still pretty workable straight to fade with decent distance and some pretty big skips on hard ground/dry grass. I like it a lot for my OS PD slot.

Still wish they were a bit flatter.

Latest posts