• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Innova pro shop - other brand equivalents?

Legacy really needs to up their game when it comes to apperral in general...:\. I guess they lack the confidence to make nice polos for people to represent/play in? The selections at the pro shop suck so far, mabey new stuff will show up soon?

I love Legacy as a brand, as a disc manufacturer, their plastic blends, and I bag a few or their discs.

I might be wrong but if they make more tees and polos could some one show me where to buy this stuff?

Legacy really needs to up their game when it comes to apperral in general...:\. I guess they lack the confidence to make nice polos for people to represent/play in? The selections at the pro shop suck so far, mabey new stuff will show up soon?

I love Legacy as a brand, as a disc manufacturer, their plastic blends, and I bag a few or their discs.

I might be wrong but if they make more tees and polos could some one show me where to buy this stuff?

I would love to see more apparel also. There is a good amount available on the Legacy Disc Collectors FB page, but no consistent person/place to get it from and usually in limited quantities/available sizes.

That new Pro Shop site just launched last week I think, and the discussion on the Facetube page was that there would be more added very soon, including apparel. I don't know what will become of their Black Market now though...

Sorry guys cant answer im still getting over myself.

I've been waiting on that moment for years. Realized it wasn't gonna happen, luckily DGCR has a blocking/ignore function.

The pro shop is ingenious. Where else is any non-sponsored pro supposed to buy a stack of discs that are from the exact same run, same color, same dome, same wing, etc? I place an order and ask for similar destroyers, they send me a package of destroyers where 5-6 of them are the exact same.. And another 3-4 are just a little domier and darker but the same as the other 3-4.

I did the same thing when I was looking to change from Ions to a base-plastic putter. E-mailed Innova, Gateway, and DD to find what they best price they could give me on a stack of putters if I bought 20. Gateway said $8, Innova said $6.40, DD said $5.99.. So the next day I ordered 20 judges.

Sadly I've e-mailed DD in the years since and they don't quite stockpile misprints like they used to now that they're selling them on their website. Plus the classic plastic doesn't feel the same as it did when I ordered several years ago, so I'm just glad I did it when I did and now have a stockpile of good judges.

Screw the innova proshop and all the other direct sale manufacturers sites. It is terrible. Support your local disc golf retailer (or any real dg retailers)

Some of the stamp creators have their own sites for LE stuff too.

As much as I like to support local shops, I'm really pleased with the Innova Pro Shop. They have filled many of my orders exactly as needed. I got one delivered today with 5 Teebirds and 5 Novas that I intend to use for fieldwork. I asked for matching weights only and I got 5 exact matches for each mold. Most shops don't carry the inventory to do that, and I'm going to have to drive over an hour to get to one that may have the stock to accommodate.

I've been waiting on that moment for years. Realized it wasn't gonna happen, luckily DGCR has a blocking/ignore function.

The pro shop is ingenious. Where else is any non-sponsored pro supposed to buy a stack of discs that are from the exact same run, same color, same dome, same wing, etc? I place an order and ask for similar destroyers, they send me a package of destroyers where 5-6 of them are the exact same.. And another 3-4 are just a little domier and darker but the same as the other 3-4.

I did the same thing when I was looking to change from Ions to a base-plastic putter. E-mailed Innova, Gateway, and DD to find what they best price they could give me on a stack of putters if I bought 20. Gateway said $8, Innova said $6.40, DD said $5.99.. So the next day I ordered 20 judges.

Sadly I've e-mailed DD in the years since and they don't quite stockpile misprints like they used to now that they're selling them on their website. Plus the classic plastic doesn't feel the same as it did when I ordered several years ago, so I'm just glad I did it when I did and now have a stockpile of good judges.

Yup, same here. I make use of the Discraft factory misprints to purchase practice and playing Magnets. I can order a stack of the same disc. Though I do try to purchase from my local dealer for most other needs.

Screw the innova proshop and all the other direct sale manufacturers sites. It is terrible. Support your local disc golf retailer (or any real dg retailers)

Some of the stamp creators have their own sites for LE stuff too.

I would support a brick and mortar store, but there is only 5 courses in any direction within an hour and a half of my house, and the only actual store I've been in that sells discs is Academy, and all they have is a bunch of DX plastic that I don't have a use for. I have to order all my discs online from Innova pro store, Discmania pro store, Disc Golf Center, or Infinite Discs. The latter two also just so happen to be real brick and mortar stores...

I was reading that you have to buy in tremendous bulk from the Innova factory store, so maybe this isn't a prob.

Not true. You can buy one disc if you so choose to do so but the shipping is quite high ($6.95 I believe) so most folks dont buy just one. The Innova Pro Shop does offer free shipping for orders over $75.00 so some people buy in bulk for free shipping. Hope that helps.

I would support a brick and mortar store, but there is only 5 courses in any direction within an hour and a half of my house, and the only actual store I've been in that sells discs is Academy, and all they have is a bunch of DX plastic that I don't have a use for. I have to order all my discs online from Innova pro store, Discmania pro store, Disc Golf Center, or Infinite Discs. The latter two also just so happen to be real brick and mortar stores...

We have one of the better brick-and-mortar shops in the country in my area (Hazy Shade in Dayton), and while I love them overall, I'm still stuck mostly ordering online. I'm a noodle-arm who likes to throw 155-ish discs instead of max-weight stuff, which is mostly what they carry. Even in their "Lightweight" section, they're limited to either super-flippy discs that even I can't use (How about a 136g StarLite Roadrunner?) or are lightweight in name only (they have a stack of 166g Fission Volts).

I fully understand why they need to stock the way they do. Their clientele is typically either experienced players who want the heavier stuff, or casuals looking for DX plastic. It costs them money and takes up space to stock niche equipment that may not be purchased for months. They have to stock what sells. But for people like me, being able to go find exactly what I need from either an online store or direct from the manufacturer is a huge benefit. I wouldn't dismiss it out-of-hand.

Latest posts