• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Innova R-Pro Boss

Traver

Par Member
Hey, the innova website claims they are releasing the boss in R-Pro plastic. I don't know anything about the Boss or R-Pro plastic but I figured I'd break the news - or maybe I haven't.

I threw one the other day. I still do not have the arm speed for the boss yet, but it did fly nicely for me.

if were correlating arm speed and distance do you need to be over 400ft to throw a boss?

I can throw maybe 330-340ish and I can't throw a boss on a flat line. It did however increase my distance with big hyzers. I got an R-Pro the other day and it does fly pretty far but I found it to be unpredictable for me.

A 10-12 year old kid who was on my card at a tournament last Sunday had a couple of 'em. I don't know the weight but he was flicking them pretty good.

I'd also like to point out that kid beat the entire card, and got an ace on a blind pin hole (not with the R-Pro Boss). Crazy s--t.
:eek:

Bought one yesterday (160g red) and I threw about 7 or 8 drives with it, all of which went consistently quite a bit further than my normal drives. You do have to put a pretty good hyzer on it for it to perform nicely. Even when released in hyzer it will still tend to want to hold an anhyzer line. It didn't like headwind at all.
I see it finding a place in my bag for long distance, wide open holes with a bit of room for error.

According to this website the 150 class r-pro boss floats. Can anybody verify or deny this? Also when It says 150 class, does that include 150-159, or just the 150 floats. Im thinking about picking one of these up if this correct info.

I threw my friends 150g r-pro Boss and it turned over way to easy. i threw it a good 350 feet but it turned over and landed about 100 feet right of the basket.

Played doubles with a guy this evening that was throwing a 164gr R-Pro Boss on a hyzer line flipping up but not over around 300ft and comming back not hard but just a soft glide back. He was getting about 425-450ft on some nice golf lines. It was yellow, and new. I was throwing my 174 DF Champ Boss just short of him soon I will be getting a 164gr R-Pro Boss. The one I have now is 150gr and has the Japan Open Stamp on it, but it's just too light.

I'm loving my 164 brand new yellow r-pro boss. Just got to throw it for the first time today, and it's definitely my longest disc. For me it throws like a much faster pro wraith.

Was it you or not, did you hit an ace?

The R-Pro Boss feels and flys much different from the Champion boss. I have a 140, 150 and 161 g R-Pro, and have been throwing the Champ (172) since it came out. They have the widest rim made so some people can't hold it too well. It's wider than the Destroyer. The R-Pro is softer and a little flexible and flies much more unstable so a hyzer release is crucial, and only in no or down wind shots. It glides farther than anything I have so I will use it a lot. It does take some getting used to in these lighter weights and hyzer flip flights. It does take more dammage if it hits trees than even DX, so don't hit anything. There have been threads on this site, DiscgolferRus, and PDGA forums about this new disc. It is sweet. Seems people either love it or hate it.

This disc is working great for me. As said above, this disc beats up incredibly fast. Minimal things will do some big damage to the rim.

150 Floats

One of my friends has the R-Pro boss in 150 g. It definately floats. I'm planning on getting one to replace my dragon. Lot of water around here. I don't know about any weights besides the 150.

I own a 162g R-Pro boss, and have thrown a champion in the past. Out of the box they threw similar, but I like the lighter weight. With the soft plastic of the R-Pro, within one month it was beat up beyond understable. I typically throw RHSA and loved it out of the box (being I prefer overstable discs), but after a few trees and pavement it became my best RHBH disc (which I don't throw often). Love the Boss, but did not like the R-Pro plastic.

I own a 162g R-Pro boss, and have thrown a champion in the past. Out of the box they threw similar, but I like the lighter weight. With the soft plastic of the R-Pro, within one month it was beat up beyond understable. I typically throw RHSA and loved it out of the box (being I prefer overstable discs), but after a few trees and pavement it became my best RHBH disc (which I don't throw often). Love the Boss, but did not like the R-Pro plastic.

The R-Pro Boss's are the flippiest of all Boss's.
I got a 136 gram because I wanted a floater , and anything under 150 grams in R-Pro floats on water.
I cant throw this disc forehand, it flips almost as soon as it leaves my hand, but it's big brother, a 167 gram Star Light Boss, is my farthest flying forehand disc.
The Star Light has about the same stability as the max weight Feldberg Champion Boss I have, but the 8 grams makes a huge difference, the Feldberg feels like a meathook perched up on my finger, while the Star Light feels like a feather.

I do throw my 150 gram Dx Destroyer farther than my R-Pro Boss backhand, the Destroyer still rules over the Boss in terms of glide, so the Boss gets reserved for water shots at this point.

I think this is very savvy marketing, you can get a Boss for anything.
Ultralight R-Pro for beginners.
Domey, grippy Pro for long range hyzer flips.
Champion for big hyzers.
Star Light for maximum distance throws.

Pick your weapon. :D
Or buy them all like a good little golf drone. ;)

This is a disc you shouldn't get attached to. It's great for what it does...it just WON'T hold up.

I really like my RPro Boss...but it's not going to be with us much longer, because it takes a BEATING.

\/\/

throw em in the water, its about the best use for this disc, its not a boss, its probably the worst disc innova has come out with in a while.it works everytime,10 % of the time

Latest posts