• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Innova Sonic

Can anyone who throws or has throw both compare this to a mirage?

I've only played catch with a Sonic, but carry a Star Mirage as a regular part of my bag.

To me the Sonic feels like a floaty, touch approach disc that I would throw for shorter distances like 75 feet or so.

I can lean harder into the Mirage, and I use it as my turnover putter for shots around 175-200 that I have to turn right on (I'm RHBH).

I know Double G can do magic with a Sonic, but it feels just a bit too light to really use with my current form (which isn't great).

The GG sig run had max weight Sonics in them. I am guessing he is not driving with the usual 120g ones one usually finds.

I didn't know that...I may add one of his signature Sonics to my list the next time I place an order.

Are there regular max weight Sonics though? Because he was throwing them before he got his signature line. Or am I mistaken?

I didn't know that...I may add one of his signature Sonics to my list the next time I place an order.

Are there regular max weight Sonics though? Because he was throwing them before he got his signature line. Or am I mistaken?

There are but they are hard to find. I would suggest looking on the factory store as most vendors rarely have them.

It's Friday, and they did Evelina's disc last time. There's a good chance it will be a male pro's disc this time if they release one.

Maybe Garrett Sonics, we'll see.

I really would like a Sonic in Champion plastic or Luster<3 the Star get´s a bit to soft

Even a MF Champion Sonic would be cool to see as MF helps keep the disc stiffer then Champion, sometimes Champion ends up gummy as a new plastic run. Star is still not bad, better then the G-Star or R-Pro the last non DX runs of the Disc were in, R-Pro has a habit of ending up floppy from the get go in some runs/individual discs and G-Star is flexable and really only works for putting putters.