• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Innova vs Discraft Poll

What Brand do You Use THE MOST?

• Innova

Votes: 257 66.6%
  • Discraft

Votes: 114 29.5%
  • Other

Votes: 15 3.9%

• Total voters
thats a really rough question, I only carry 2 innova moulds, teebirds and sidewinder(roller) and all the other discs i carry are discraft. But considering as i pretty much drive with a teebird and fairway drive with teebird i use it way more than 18 shots a round. However i putt and approach with a banger GT, and considering that i miss quite a few putts in a round i end up using it more!

Typical hole - teebird drive, banger upshot, banger putt misses, banger put drop in!

So unless you are amazing at putting the poll could quite easliy be, what brand is your putter....

I think that the reason that when I started playing I chose Innova because of their rating system. It was easier to pick out what I wanted, rather than just looking at a +1 or -1.

13+ Innova
1 Disccraft
1 Gateway

I pretty much only throw Innova because when I was starting out our monthlies only paid out in Innova.

Now that Innova is banned I'm not sure what I'll throw. =)

Although I've been branching out more to DGA and Discraft recently, Innova still occupies most of my bag.

I have a pretty mixed bag myself, I am glad that more companies are starting to pop up because with more competition means more innovation.
I am a discraft man myself though.

I use mostly Discraft.
I think that their Flight Rating system is easier to understand, but mostly I just like the way the Discraft plastic feels in my hand, especially the ESP.
I also use Innova for certain discs, but mostly I'm known as a Discraft guy.

Gotta use the sponsors discs :) That would be all Innova baby. Before that happened, I had one Discraft Disc in the bag (an elite APX), and one Dynamic Disc in the bag (Super Puppy).

I don't much care for all the posturing on what/who is better. Use what you like - enjoy watching it fly.

Seems they all have bombs or duds or whatever you want to call bad discs...but even then there is probably someone with a stash of them because it is their fav.

I must say that before I tried other brands Innova was most attractive because of the cool animals on the discs. ;)

By Mold:

4 Discraft (rattler, comet, surge, wasp)
1 DGA (rogue)
1 Lightning (hx2)
1 other (rippa)

For certain courses I will add

1 innova (champion glow avair for wind)
1 gateway (assassin, its just a cool disc)
1 discraft (meteor)

i'm about 50/50 - tho i think i like Discraft better - especially like the feel of the FLX/esp plastic - after throwing my FLX Surge the Star Tbird or TL just feel very stiff

Discraft - flick/ force / surge / buzzz
Innova - Xcal / Whippet / Tbird / TL / Gator

Putters are Wizards

For those of you who list millennium and ching as seperate brands, they are both made by innova.They are all popular innova molds with a diffrent name.

For those of you who list millennium and ching as seperate brands, they are both made by innova.They are all popular innova molds with a diffrent name.
Innova manufactures the discs for them, but they're not exactly the same. Usually slight tweaks of Innova models.

innova is all i can get my hands on so innova it is. i truly dont know any better. its like giving some the choice of cake or death? obviously your going to choose cake until it runs out where then I suggest to get the oatmeal cranberry muffin. I heard good things about it.......????

Innova: Champ Boss, Star Max, Champ Wraith, Star FL, Pro Pig, DX Shark, R pro dart, DX Aviar

Discraft: Flick, Pro D Drone,

I use the Pro D Drone fro 95 % of all approach shots and the Star FL for all tomahawks.

My main driver is the Star Max with the Flick being #2. I beginning to use the Wraith and Boss more often, but often over do it with both of the latter two discs.

And I use the Pro Pig as my primary putter with the Dart as my close/no wind putter. The Aviar for anhyzer putts and the Shark for long fade putts.

#1 in disc golf for a reason

market control?

There are quite a few variables at play when you talk about an equipment manufacture dominating a sport far removed from quality of product.

Latest posts