• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Innova Wahoo

wow! mine works perfect for me. It is actually my only speed 12 driver. 9 or 10 is more my speed, so It's actually pretty overstable for me since I cant get as much power behind it. Our last hole is a pretty good grip over water. I normally throw forehand and use a Dragon with good hyzer for an S over the water (occasionally overshooting at about 330 probably). I have less power backhand, but started throwing the Wahoo and have been hitting the bank or jusssst before with it, which is a great backhand shot for me (maybe just under 300ft).

Anyway, what I am saying is normally this Speed would be too much for me, but I can throw a 172 Wahoo great backhand with my slightly less powerful arm. You guys flipping it must be some bombers or something!?

I use mine just for shots where water might come into play, so it dosen't get much use, so it still flies pretty good

Same.

I sent a bunch of Dragons out to sea, I like 150g class discs but that one just isn't my thing, I am not confident in it and it just flys crooked.

So I choose the Wahoo, the 172g or what ever it is and I only throw it when I am crossing water. I don't like the Wahoo for a primary driver, it is my water driver. I like to guard my favorite drivers, I don't want to deep six them. Some of my water shots are downhill, under a couple of trees and I have to put a little English on the send. Some are just straight over the drink.

I don't particularly like the Wahoo but it does water duty well so I use it and like it for what it does, float.

...and it is the fastest disc I throw, besides an Archon and I don't remember how fast that one is blah blah blah

Some people like the Wahoo, I know I do and last game I was only four over on par 54 with half the course dealing with water.

If you don't like it, don't use it.

When I first got my 169g Wahoo late last fall, I was able to flip it over like nobody's business. I've since learned that I can throw it fairly predictably with a fair amount of hyzer and it will flip up nicely as long as it's not a windy day. If there is any wind, it stays in my bag unless I have to throw over water and I'm not confident of making it over. Otherwise the wind could flip it right over way too easily.

I purchased a wahoo like the rest of you for a faster water driver. I can never get a good throw out of it. I always turn it over and if I don't it hyzers hard. Id say its not worth it for me,ill just throw a disc I'm sure will make it over the hazard.

The dome of a Wahoo kinda reminds me of a Viper but wider and thicker. I can get a decent flex with it but if you miss the throw it will hyzer hard.

Same.

I sent a bunch of Dragons out to sea, I like 150g class discs but that one just isn't my thing, I am not confident in it and it just flys crooked.

So I choose the Wahoo, the 172g or what ever it is and I only throw it when I am crossing water. I don't like the Wahoo for a primary driver, it is my water driver. I like to guard my favorite drivers, I don't want to deep six them. Some of my water shots are downhill, under a couple of trees and I have to put a little English on the send. Some are just straight over the drink.

I don't particularly like the Wahoo but it does water duty well so I use it and like it for what it does, float.

...and it is the fastest disc I throw, besides an Archon and I don't remember how fast that one is blah blah blah

Some people like the Wahoo, I know I do and last game I was only four over on par 54 with half the course dealing with water.

If you don't like it, don't use it.

Do you play at fountain hills?

Yes.

Lost two un-inked black and two white dragons there. We play Sundays, start at 4 about 6:45a or so.

Cool course.

Latest posts