• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Innova Whale

I'd try a KC pro whale, but, not for $14 with that obnoxious stamp!:sick:

Why can't Innova just make DX BB Aviars!!!
I'd probably drop my Wizards if they did.

They make XT BB Aviars in limited production, which I've definitely considered trying out before:

https://proshop.innovadiscs.com/xtpro-aviar-big-bead.html

To your point though, $14 is a lot of money for baseline plastic. I haven't personally found XT to be any more durable than DX (much less so if you're driving with it) although I do like its grip. If you're just putting with them, they'd probably last decently long. Still, I can get DX for half that price so hard for me to make my go to putter something that expensive since I'd have to buy a stack of them.

After a year of battle between S-line P2 vs Fluid Warden as my throwing putter the Champion Whale came in and stole that slot in my bag.
I´m very supriced, but i really like the feel and flight of the Whale

I've had that battle with the S-line P2 and Fluid Warden, then the Fuzion Warden, but I never tried a Champ Whale. Just might have to give it a shot.

In putting, I used to putt with the Classic Warden until the Marshal finally came out in Classic plastic. The DX Whale flies most like the Warden for putting. Doesn't feel like the Warden, but flies the same way. If the Eleventh Commandment came down that I had to use an all-Innova bag, the Whale would probably be my putting putter, though the Avair Classic would have something to say about it.

They make XT BB Aviars in limited production, which I've definitely considered trying out before:

https://proshop.innovadiscs.com/xtpro-aviar-big-bead.html

To your point though, $14 is a lot of money for baseline plastic. I haven't personally found XT to be any more durable than DX (much less so if you're driving with it) although I do like its grip. If you're just putting with them, they'd probably last decently long. Still, I can get DX for half that price so hard for me to make my go to putter something that expensive since I'd have to buy a stack of them.

XT was made for a plastic that can be used in winter for those who like baseline as the grip is better then the DX in snow/wet conditions. Yes I thought originally the plastic was a baseline Pro for those who do not like Pro plastic or like Star or G Star, even Champion but I was wrong from what others have said about the plastic of XT.

Now If Innova made the Nova with a Champion/Star/maybe even hard Pro on the outside and a XT on the inside then you have something.

Alright, I picked up two JF Whales, one blue and pink.

The glow is pretty bright, blue one glows a bluish green and pink is more of a yellow-orange. As for flight, these things are slow lasers that tend to hold up well in moderate winds. I was getting around 200' of pure straight. They certainly have a little float to them and have a lot of angle integrity. I'd say they're 2/4/0/1. For whatever reason they don't seem to stop as well as a Rhyno, or even an aviar. Though, that could've just been the ground conditions here as we're recovering from some pretty nasty rainstorms which have left the ground with weird slick spots.

In conclusion, these are great discs and I plan on adding them into my "short course" disc bag. They'd even be perfect for one disc rounds.

I really like the feel of Whales. Very different in the hand. I use Wizards and I must just be used to their fade, because I'm always offtarget right with the whales. Used them for only a handful of rounds, with a Gstar to drive with (DX for putting). Certainly like them but very hard for me to adjust. Make a very good water bowl for a doggo though. I have a casual bag that I've decided to put them both in because I really do like how they feel in the hand, just definitely not for me currently as I'm trying to get more consistent and the wizards are heavily invested in.

Been throwing putter-only rounds the last week since the snows hit. Whale shined today, both for throwing and putting. I have a DX one just sitting in the pile of little thrown discs, and it really opened my eyes as to what a fine all-around p&a disc it is.

Been throwing putter-only rounds the last week since the snows hit. Whale shined today, both for throwing and putting. I have a DX one just sitting in the pile of little thrown discs, and it really opened my eyes as to what a fine all-around p&a disc it is.

If you like the Whale but want to try it in Pro plastic, the Infinite Discs MYTH in P-blend is a Pro Whale.

I have a real weakness when it comes to buying putters, I just can't get enough.:D I usually stick pretty much to one when playing, but during practice I will switch in and out some just to break the monotony. Recently I picked up a XT Whale that I had owned for awhile, and I'm falling in love with this disc. First off it's kind of similar to an Aviar and I'm throwing it very well, but it's the XT plastic that is really impressing me with this disc. This plastic on this disc is tough as nails. I have thrown it a ton and I don't have any dings or gouges at all. This thing may wind up in my bag for awhile!<3

I have a real weakness when it comes to buying putters, I just can't get enough.:D I usually stick pretty much to one when playing, but during practice I will switch in and out some just to break the monotony. Recently I picked up a XT Whale that I had owned for awhile, and I'm falling in love with this disc. First off it's kind of similar to an Aviar and I'm throwing it very well, but it's the XT plastic that is really impressing me with this disc. This plastic on this disc is tough as nails. I have thrown it a ton and I don't have any dings or gouges at all. This thing may wind up in my bag for awhile!<3

Innova now makes a limited production XT Aviar though it is the Big Bead unfortunately, if you wanted the other disc then well a Whale is as close as you are going to get. Yes for an approach to putting putter the XT will hold up, it is like a tougher version of the DX, a version of plastic for those who do not like Pro or R-Pro.

How did I miss that this came out in KC Pro? Ricky was hitting huge putts down the stretch yesterday with one. Always thought this disc made a lot of sense for him -- it's the most Daggerish of the Innova line.

Latest posts