• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Innova Wraith...keep it or sell it?

LeftyToss

Bogey Member
I bought an Innova Wraith DX (150). I quickly realized that I cannot throw this disc for the life of me. I haven't been playing the sport all that long so I was thinking of keeping it around till I improve my game enough to throw it. If anyone owns this disc or knows a lot about it let me know whether I have a prayer of throwing it well or if I should just sell it to someone.

If somebody is willing to trade me a good mid-range disc (all I have is the Innova Shark) let me know.

i would recommend keeping it a little while. i have three of them and absolutely swear by them. if your just starting out its defiantely not the disc for you. you should try a cheetah or a leopard. they a slower, speed 5-7(i think) instead of the wraiths 11, but much easier to learn grip and form on. you should also learn to use the shark before introducing any more midranges into your game. this will prove beneficial to you later on.

It's cheaper to hold onto it and as your game progresses keep going back to it. It took me two years to get to where I could throw one well, but I only play 2-4 times a week.

I have a leopard and I'm actually pretty good throwing it. I recently picked up a Monarch champion which I really like.

the understable discs is where your gonna be happy right now. i watched a lot of videos and used my monarch a lot before i was able to throw the speed 11 and 12 discs. and when you get better you are gonna want a wraith in your bag

Don't trade off any of your discs. Keep them and as your game gets better, you will be able to throw them better. Also, go to the practice field and practice throwing it. Also, if it goes off to the left for you, you might want to keep it for those shots.
I just started thowing the Wraith, and I found it works great for throwing into the wind.

throw the wraith into a tree a few times at point blank range, or a brick wall. that'll make it easier to throw. if you don't need it right now, surely don't let go of it. as you progress you'll grow into it, like everyone else has said.

throw the wraith into a tree a few times at point blank range, or a brick wall. that'll make it easier to throw. if you don't need it right now, surely don't let go of it. as you progress you'll grow into it, like everyone else has said.

i understand beating your disc in but go out and freaking play. dont be lazy:p

To be honest...If I just go out and play with the disc i'm sure it'll hit more than a few trees. My discs seem to have a strange attraction to trees.

To be honest...If I just go out and play with the disc i'm sure it'll hit more than a few trees. My discs seem to have a strange attraction to trees.

We can all relate to that. I think the manufacturers put some kind of magical potion in the plastic, or maybe a voodoo hex on the discs, to make it more challenging for us. :rolleyes:

If you noted my signature (i'm the black quote) i threw a drive that like missed 3 trees by literally a foot each then my next shot i literally hit a tree 6ft. in front of me as I was telling my friend I had the power to move trees...Disc Golf Karma!

I have a 150 dx wraith that I swear by on most days. I also have some heavier ones that I'm trying to get better with. So far my best distances have been with the wraith. I agree with the others, don't get rid of discs right away. I like to take all my drivers to my home course every now and then and just tee off on an open hole, (I'm refering to the fact that there is very few obstacles). Or if it's not busy take them all to a tee your having problems with and practice. You'll both break in the disc and figure out how it can work best for you by doing something like this.

I bought an Innova Wraith DX (150). I quickly realized that I cannot throw this disc for the life of me. I haven't been playing the sport all that long so I was thinking of keeping it around till I improve my game enough to throw it. If anyone owns this disc or knows a lot about it let me know whether I have a prayer of throwing it well or if I should just sell it to someone.

If somebody is willing to trade me a good mid-range disc (all I have is the Innova Shark) let me know.

Only problem I can see is it is going to be crazy understable once you develop some power. Would probably serve as a great hyzer-flip disc though to learn on while your game is developing.

As do mine. I glad to see that Im not the only one who has trouble throwing this disc.

Nothing Stays the Same

Keep all of your discs!!!!!! As your game develops, how a disc behaves for you will change. Just like you, when I got my wraith it went left hard, but half a year later I could throw it with a hyzer and it still went right. In fact I use it for long gentle right hand turn shots, and in open fairways it is a good long distance driver (I can routinely get mine to 340ft and I'm still a newbie).

Just like you, I started out with a leopard. If you are turning over your leopard, then I would recommend moving up to an Orc. When you start turning over your Orc, then you will be ready for a Wraith, and then after that you will be ready for a Destroyer. If the Orc goes too much to the left for you, then I would recommend a TL or SL. The SL has the same stats as a Orc, but its just a little straighter.

One of the hardest things I had to learn was to not be in a hurry to move up to the biggest and baddest disc. I bought a destroyer and wraith only after a couple of months of playing, simply because my buddies had them, and I hated those discs, but I kept using them. It wasn't until I went back to my slower discs that my game got back on track and started to move forward.

Latest posts