• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Interview with Vibram's Steven Dodge

As much fun as I have had hanging out with Mr. Dodge this year, reading this thread makes me miss his humor.

As far as questions go. I second all the X-Link Fusion questions. And to add to them:

What have been some of the difficulties in getting Fusion to work and what is being done to get around these problems?

As far as other questions:

What do you see as Vibram's role in growing and supporting disc golf in the future?

What can Vibram do to help get Disc Golf on ESPN (or the Four Letter Network as the sports talk radio shows refer to it as out here if they are not a part of the four letter network)?

Why does Vibram have such high standards for shops that want to sell their discs?

That is all that I have for now.

My question is about Vibram's overall strategy.

For the big two, the marketing/brand image strategy seems to mostly be sponsoring the best players so that new players see top pros throwing their discs. Vibram potentially has access to orders of magnitude more money, but hasn't sponsored players in the same way. Is that in the plans for the future (meaning world champion caliber players) or is Vibram conciously deciding to focus marketing dollars elsewhere? Is holding the best tournaments an alternate strategy?

Enjoyed the interview last night. It was interesting to hear about the relationship, or lack there of between Vibram & Innova/Discraft.

Is it true that you are sending Team Vibram to the European Open next year?

We didn't get to this one! I've heard that we are actually planning on buying an airline (American Airlines should be pretty cheap right now!) and will use that to shuttle our top players around the country, including one trip to Europe and one trip to Asia with each trip not to exceed two months.

How long till that hits your podcast station?
It should be out this weekend. It went for 1 and a half hours so it will take a few to edit it. I am debating a 2 parter but may just make it one. i will decide that as I edit it. I plan to get him back on so that we can ask the rest of the questions.

I am downloading it as I type and should have it available in just a bit. Got my son home for a long weekend and we have been out playing.

I know you already did the interview, but if you ever get him back on air, ask if we're ever going to see any glowing discs from Vibram.

I will and heck he may come on here and answer you himself!! We plan to have him on again because we went for 1 and a half hours and still did not get to all the questions we had for him.

Latest posts