• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Is base plastic necessary?

I prefer base plastic for just about everything other than high speed drivers. It has better grip and better glide, and a lot of slower discs just plain fly better in the base plastic they were designed in.

yes. People like the grip, it is more affordable, and they beat in very nicely for rollers.

Also some molds only come in base plastic. I would take a DX putter over a champion putter any day.

Base plastic is best for putters and midranges and lots of fairway drivers too. My favorite mid is a Star Mako. I have requested a Mako in DX because I know it would be that much better than in star.

Last edited:
Plus, i'd like to see you find a better plastic for the rain.

I agreed with basically all of the stuff I read up until this one. Opto and GL to ME seem to perform amazingly well in the rain, hell water beads right off opto plastic in a very great way.

Also, there will always be a "base" plastic, think about it, if say, Lat 64 pulled all their other plastics (opto,zero etc) then that would technically make gold line their "base plastic"

base plastic is not unnecessary. so......

Plus, i'd like to see you find a better plastic for the rain.

^This. I played 2 wet rounds today that would've been miserable without my D banger and D challenger.

Also, I do agree with whoever that said Lat plastic does well in the rain. But all I throw are Rivers and Flows so I needed more options.

...and the new Z plastic is slipperier than snake snot!

I like my putters in base plastic (zero line spike). However I do agree that gold line and opto do we'll in the rain. Still waiting for eze pains though. After we get those, I doubt I'll need another mid in my bag.

What's better than base plastic? Free base plastic. Just don't free base plastic. :|