• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Is the bead on the Wasp different on Z vs. ESP?

UKfan

Eagle Member
I have a Z Wasp that I have had for a couple years and it has a very small bead on the rim. It flies so much like my buzzz that I rarely carry it in my bag. I was looking at some discs a couple weeks ago and I saw an ESP Wasp and noticed that the bead was SIGNIFICANTLY larger than the one on my old Z. I found another ESP Wasp with the same larger bead about a week later in a differnet place.

Therefore, did I just have a funky Z, or is the ESP in a larger bead? :confused:

I say funky Z. I was just explaining the difference between the Buzzz and the Wasp to a friend today and we looked at two discs in each plastic for each mold and the beads were all the same.

I picked them up in the first place because I thought they were OOP. I thought I might sell them.

Are you sure it isn't due to wear and tear? Mind posting pics of the beads together? I'm interested to see the difference.

It might be from the usage. One a new Z Wasp with the flashing still on, I'll place it on concrete (face-up) and kinda slide the disc in small circles to sand off the flashing and in the process smooths out the bead a little to make the disc more comfortable to throw so I don't get the blisters on my finger that I had when I first started throwing Z Wasps. Brand new they cut me up.

After throwing them a lot, the bead is not as big now. A seasoned Z wasp has taken over many of my Buzzz shots.

I have an ESP wasp on it and I remember the flashing drove me crazy as well and felt way bigger, but comparing it to the Z it was the same.

Latest posts