• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Is the PD Freak really as "overstable" as ....

snappyfingers

* Ace Member *
... the Marshall St. flight chart portrays it to be? Speed 10 is as high as I go so that should be ok. But as stable as an XCal? Is this accurate?

I'm currently throwing a CD Craze and really like it, but I see it getting a little too understable. It's a 170 so maybe going to a 175 would help.

How meathooky is that PD? Please take into account that I have kinda a n00dle arm and my max D is about 300'.

yea if your throwing 300 it'll be overstable like a firebird.. If you want a pd I'd suggest getting a ppd first bfore an s pd.

the pd has a firebird bottom so it might be as overstable as a champ teebird or firebird

Actually, at 300 ft, I'd use a PD in place of a Firebird. I wouldn't go heavy either, 167 to 170 max. As Booter suggested, a P-PD would be better as it will be a little less overstable when new and will beat in a bit quicker.

if I remember it was too close to the ppd so they're supposed to be releasing a cd2 I think. I'm not sure when it's being disco'd but that's wha I've heard. So a ppd might be what you can try.

also a cd is just a valk bottom + anhyzer top so you could try a valk too if need be

I'm curious as to the stability of this supposed CD2?
Have to wait I guess....
I'll also have to start stocking up on 175 CDs!

I was gonna start a thread asking this same question. I heard it is like a longer teebird, is that accurate?

seems a little faster than a tbird to me. but the disc varies so much from plastic to plastic. I have recently discovered the joys of throwing a nicely worn p-pd. I've been using a heavy c-pd for about 6 months where I used to use a firebird. And now that I'm throwing them farther I'm going to get the S back in the mix.

It's definitely one of the most versatile molds I've thrown since I started playing.

seems a little faster than a tbird to me. but the disc varies so much from plastic to plastic. I have recently discovered the joys of throwing a nicely worn p-pd. I've been using a heavy c-pd for about 6 months where I used to use a firebird. And now that I'm throwing them farther I'm going to get the S back in the mix.

It's definitely one of the most versatile molds I've thrown since I started playing.

:thmbup:

A set of PDs covers that whole range nicely. My newish S fits right next to my Firebird (moderately overstable and very useful), a newish PD is straight flyer, and my beat-in S-PD makes a nice controlled turn and fades back.

beat-in P-PD=hyzer flip machine

you can throw some nasty low line drive shots with them too. great in the woods.

beat-in P-PD=hyzer flip machine

you can throw some nasty low line drive shots with them too. great in the woods.

My beat-in is an S. I had lost it back in April and it was returned to me in August. So the proper beating in process is to hide it in the woods somewhere for 4-5 months.

But it is a great "understable" disc that still fades back, which I like. PD's in wear stages seem to have alot of versatility.