• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Is their etiquette on this?

As long as its still a production disc i'd have no problem giving it to them. then sign 'DOUCHEACE' on it.

I'm down to let it go for a fair price or a trade. If it's family, which is most of the people I regularly play with, then I'll just let them have it. If it's a disc I've got an Ace on then they will have to settle for taking a pic with said disc, then it goes back in my bag.

I would have no problem giving the disc to the person. It's a way of celebrating the moment.

Having said that.....

What if the shoe were on the other foot? Say your friend wants you to try out one of their new/favorite discs and you end up acing it, would you take it?

I would answer No. If it was me, it was probably a fluke anyway. I would never throw the disc that well again so I would leave it in their possession. That way every time they used it, and not scored an ace, they would subconsciously think about my great throw and feel inferior. (evil laughter)

If it's a friend's first ace or a memorable ace for them, I'll let them have it and buy their beer after to celebrate. If it's "just another" ace and they don't care too much about it, I would be honored to throw around someone elses ace disc hoping for an ace of my own with it. If it were some random guy I would probably be torn on forking over the plastic.. especially if it were a disc that isn't easily replaceable.

This happened to me let my little brother throw my gator on a hole to see if he would like it, first throw put it right in the bucket. It's now hanging on his wall.

Of course when it happened i told him it didn't count cause it had my name on it and all. He couldn't tell if i was serious or joking haha. Gotta love brotherly ribbing!

I let a friend use a disc of mine and he got a pickup truck ace with it. He shanked the crap out of it. It went way off course and into the back of a pickup truck that was being driven down the nearby road. I was lucky the driver of the truck stopped and got out and fished my disc out the truck. He threw it on the ground and said "You did it!" He thought it was done on purpose. I didn't give the disc to my friend LOL

I'm going with the yes crowd. My dad has both of his aces with my discs and I let him keep both.

If you can live without it yeah "trade" it to him... Letting him try out how badass my kc pro teebird is and he hits one, tough luck... He can have a picture with it.

Latest posts