• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Is this disc ruined?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Destroyer, Wraith, TeeRex, and Valkyrie are the last DX plastic I bought that did not last. I probably do more field practice than the average disc golfer. I throw drives in my yard about 4 times a week and sometimes more. And I don't lose discs at the course. That's why I prefer the better plastics for drivers.
Most of those are discs I don't recommend in DX. They're also the discs most pepole should be throwing the least. Speed 7 and slower drivers are the ones that most people should be throwing assuming they're looking to improve, and are the ones that hold up the best in DX type plastics.

It's like saying high end plastics are worthless because S Wizards are better than E Wizards.

Take pics, I wanna see how "beat" these disc are that aren't lasting. What kind of courses do you generally play on?

I have a feeling poor form with slightly beat up disc exaggerating said poor form is why most people that are saying DX is bad, is the only reason.

I am not interested in your opinion. You are an idiot.

your an idiot man. i have a dx 150 destroyer that has seen more wood then your mom and it flys like a dream. you cant destroy a destroyers lip. and flippy dx valks are gold. like dude said there awesome turn over shot discs.

And you are an idiot.

Most of those are discs I don't recommend in DX. They're also the discs most pepole should be throwing the least. Speed 7 and slower drivers are the ones that most people should be throwing assuming they're looking to improve, and are the ones that hold up the best in DX type plastics.

It's like saying high end plastics are worthless because S Wizards are better than E Wizards.

I agree. I don't use a Destroyer or Teerex. I do carry a CFR Wraith and a Star Valk but don't use them very often. Everything else is seven speed and lower. The Star TL is what I use the most but also carry a Teebird, Leppard and Stalker. Some of my mids and putters are base plastics(Buzz, Rhyno, and Dart) and they have held up great.

Thanks for the suggestions.

my 168g dx teebird.

It met some concrete. I put it away soon as I picked it up and didn't throw it again. Very noticable feel and look even from about 15 feet away when i ran up to it.

Slightly scared to throw it again, until I find out its just fine or not.

GetAttachment.aspx

Yep, it's no good! Throw it out in the trash and buy a new one. Might as well start feeding the addiction to new pristine plastic. :thmbup:

Lawlz, I can take pics of some of my really beat disc and post them, then go out in a field and show you how to throw them and show you just how stupid it is saying DX doesn't hold up.

It sounds to me you have form issues and can't throw beat in plastic since you won't show me your beat disc. Granted even I still have form issues, but I can play with 10 year old beat plastic and throw it correctly. :p The best disc in my bag are TP Cyclones (90's model plastic) and DX Rocs. Before that I played with DX Gazelle's, and Leopards, and Spiders as I built power and learned to throw properly. There are few things as pretty as a beat to **** Gazelle flipping up and riding a rope to ding a basket for a near ace 270'. Making me nostalgia over my Gazelles, lmao. Got rid of all those just about, still have a beat to **** DX Spider I keep around for those days I just want to take it to the field and watch it fly. It's still stable for the majority of it's flight, not including it's intended designed turn. It's hilarious you talk about Destroyers and Teerex's and high speed drivers in DX not lasting. AS I so blatantly quoted Jacob, I to have seen too many perfectly seasoned DX Disc to know that I'm not an idiot, and I guess all the people that throw these perfectly seasoned DX or any other low grade plastic disc are idiots. That's hilarious to say the least.

Lawlz, I can take pics of some of my really beat disc and post them, then go out in a field and show you how to throw them and show you just how stupid it is saying DX doesn't hold up.

It sounds to me you have form issues and can't throw beat in plastic since you won't show me your beat disc. Granted even I still have form issues, but I can play with 10 year old beat plastic and throw it correctly. :p The best disc in my bag are TP Cyclones (90's model plastic) and DX Rocs. Before that I played with DX Gazelle's, and Leopards, and Spiders as I built power and learned to throw properly. There are few things as pretty as a beat to **** Gazelle flipping up and riding a rope to ding a basket for a near ace 270'. Making me nostalgia over my Gazelles, lmao. Got rid of all those just about, still have a beat to **** DX Spider I keep around for those days I just want to take it to the field and watch it fly. It's still stable for the majority of it's flight, not including it's intended designed turn. It's hilarious you talk about Destroyers and Teerex's and high speed drivers in DX not lasting. AS I so blatantly quoted Jacob, I to have seen too many perfectly seasoned DX Disc to know that I'm not an idiot, and I guess all the people that throw these perfectly seasoned DX or any other low grade plastic disc are idiots. That's hilarious to say the least.

My idiot comment referred to you and Jacob2918. It wasn't directed at anyone else. If I valued your opinion, I would take pictures. But your advice/opinions are of no value to me. And I know all about flipping up a disc. I did it for many years because I only had three discs, Eagle, Shark and Aviar. I get them out occasionally and throw them. But I still prefer drivers in premium plastic because DX doesn't last for my game. If it works for others great, I am only telling about my experience.

I have now added you to my ignore list because I have better things to than argue with an idiot.

Status
Not open for further replies.