• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Is this guy a falling-putter?

Falling putts?

• Total voters
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cgkdisc
pin down what the current wording means with video examples that show fault versus no fault motions.

If they do that would the new rule books have digital video players in them or would they go old school and be flip books?
The Rules Q&As are being overhauled and simplified. Once those are posted, they will be legal interpretations of the rules which players will need to know and can refer to. But they will not be printed in the Rulebooks so they can be dynamically updated as needed between rulebook updates. This putting example video and accompanying text may be the first new Q&A added when that initiative is ready to go.

Wow, I just read this entire thread for the first time. Nowhere in the rules does it say anything about one's back foot. I agree that it would be a demonstration of control, but, like has been mentioned several times before, it's not the only way.

:clap::clap::thmbup::hfive::) If everyone did that, this thread would have ended a long time ago.

Great. Now there's going to be some new rule that avoids all possible subjective interpretation like both feet must be planted firmly on the ground throughout the entire putting motion. Everyone will have to straddle put or something like that now.

And the classic "leg up" putting logo of the PDGA will have to be re-worked since it will now constitute a falling putt.
picture.php

Disc golf as we know it will come to an end. That's our Apoth (the original). :D :p

No. I think the putter in that logo has held his stance long enough to show full control of balance...

...and I've seen that guy putt, he comes down on his back foot before moving forward.

And the classic "leg up" putting logo of the PDGA will have to be re-worked since it will now constitute a falling putt.
picture.php

It should be reworked anyway, as it depicts a 15-20 foot tall giant putting at a basket (assuming the guy is putting towards us, and standard perspective rules apply). Or maybe it's the Professional Disc Giants Association?

Last edited:
It should be reworked anyway, as it depicts a 15-20 foot tall giant putting at a basket (assuming the guy is putting towards us, and standard perspective rules apply). Or maybe it's the Professional Disc Giants Association?

Nah, he's not a giant. It's just some dude grabbing some major air on a jump putt.