• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] ISO: Shallow, Beadless Slightly Overstable Putter

You guys are 100% correct on the Envy. Feels just like my Opto Pures in the hand but has a fade finish and holds up to a headwind. Not overstable, just a nice little fade at the end.

I like that I can follow your posts to see which putters I will like lol. I have 3 pures and was looking to get something a little more OS.

:hfive: thanks!

Are you me?!

Currently in the same rough spot. I carry Swan2s as my primary putter, and have in the past used different very OS putters. Sinus, Rhyno, Wizard, Challenger, PA1. I didn't care for the beaded options, I didn't like thumbtrac options. I didn't like the inner rim depth of some options. I actually loved the Sinus, but it was so OS that I felt it limited me to only using it for one role (I liked that role), and I felt I'd be better served by a putter that wasn't as ridiculously OS.

Recently made the switch to Envys. They have been wonderful so far! Reliably OS so that it has consistent performance. Just barely neutral enough that it can be sculpted into many different lines on the course. Very nice feel in hand, decently shallow, though not so extreme as the Zone. Beadless for those of us who show it no love.

I plan on using the Envy all winter, and so far I am having no problems with the disc. Looks like a keeper.

I put with DD Warden. In fusion it is actually a more stable. In base plastic they break in. So essentially I use same mold for all putting. If really windy I grab a suspect. Between beat classic, fresh classic, fusion, and suspect I got the whole range covered.

FWIW the Envy looks good, I just am done with putter search personally.

Get yourself a VIP or BT Hard Harp

Get some throws with said harp

Buy more harps

PM me how amazed and thankful you are

I'm not gonna read anything, I'm just gonna say the CHIEF... Is that the right answer?

Bag all types of Pures (Hard, Med, Opto) and a Crystal Zone. Was using a Pro Classic Roc for this shot, but you guys have sold me on the Envy. Haven't even held one and I am a believer.

Personally, I use a fresh Lucid Suspect for the "Zone" shot and then I have a beat-to-crap Classic Suspect to cover the less stable shots.

I love Pigs for this slot. They start out pretty OS (although not skippy like a Zone), but beat into straight over time (although it would take a long time to get as straight as a Pure). If you like cycling, then definitely try a Pig. On the other hand, a Pig doesn't feel anything like a Zone or Pure in the hand, so I guess I'll go with the crowd here and say the Envy would be a good choice.

Necroing this to say I got a fluid warden and plasma envy (used)

Would say envy is super straight (hss) with a bit of fade, extra comfortable in hand. Speed and glide is closer to a mid though. 4 5 0 1 would give mine.

Warden is pretty straight but turns more in a head wind. Fade is similar to beat envy ie some but not a lot. It is noticeably shorter than my envy. Hand feel is deeper so not as good for my tiny hands but still pretty flat and even forehand feels OK.

My newb 2 cents.

Necroing this to say I got a fluid warden and plasma envy (used)

Would say envy is super straight (hss) with a bit of fade, extra comfortable in hand. Speed and glide is closer to a mid though. 4 5 0 1 would give mine.

Warden is pretty straight but turns more in a head wind. Fade is similar to beat envy ie some but not a lot. It is noticeably shorter than my envy. Hand feel is deeper so not as good for my tiny hands but still pretty flat and even forehand feels OK.

My newb 2 cents.
Sounds about right to me. Envy is a great mold although I am considering dropping it as my very beat in Zone is pretty much the same thing but feels a little better in my hand.

I put with DD Warden. In fusion it is actually a more stable. In base plastic they break in. So essentially I use same mold for all putting. If really windy I grab a suspect. Between beat classic, fresh classic, fusion, and suspect I got the whole range covered.

FWIW the Envy looks good, I just am done with putter search personally.

This. Fuzion or Fluid Warden is a great throwing putter; use what feels better in your paw. I putt with the Classic Warden, so of course I recommend it.

As most here said, the Envy is also a good answer to the OP's question.

Latest posts